PIP Appeal - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

Options
1235»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have represented in the high hundreds. Observed at low hundreds when training others to represent. Know a bad tribunal when I see one. There are indeed rogue tribunal members but most are fine and most issues occur because of unprepared appellants. 

A small number have posted on the forum saying they had a bad experience. There is another thread on here currently live where a number of people say the exact opposite. The experience IS variable but claimants contribute to that as much as tribunals. 
    And in my wife's AA appeal I was asked by the doctor what would I do if my wife's pain medication (Oramorph) had run out and she was in agony? Weird question I thought.

But I answered it saying that I was also prescribed the same medication (Oramorph) and by greater volume so I would give her some of mine until her pain subsided.

That's when all hell broke loose and I was told to leave the room. Being invited back in 5mins later the doctor accused me of being a drug dealer. I countered that I would never given the circumstances he had outlined leave my wife in pain so presumed that he would..

A few minutes later a few more comments/answers from me I was told to leave permanently. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 33 Courageous
    Options
    It’s absolutely disgusting the way we are treated. I for one am not giving up I will be requesting a statement of reason for higher tribunal. 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Sure is stressful and causes more anxiety for us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.