Esa tribunal win — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa tribunal win

Options
Dylanc123
Dylanc123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I need some advice please ..I was on esa contribution assessment rate which was stopped nov17 as I was found fit for work .i did my mr and then appealed and my contribution assessment rate payment started up again in January 2018...my contributions run out and payments stopped in August .my tribunal was October 11th and I was put into support group .i phoned today to find out when my payments would start again and was told I would only have backpay as my contributions ended before my tribunal so I will not be getting support group esa ..surely this can’t be right as if I had been put in support group at time of my assessment there would have been no time limit on contribution based esa..can anyone tell me if this is the case please I have to wait till Thursday for a call back and am so distressed over this ..thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You are correct, Support Group contributions based isn't time limited and is paid for as long as you remain in that group. Are you sure the decision was Support Group and not WRAG?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dylanc123
    Options
    Definately support group and advised not to be reassessed ...they are saying cos my contribution esa finished before the tribunal I don’t get monthly payments only backpay 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, this isn't correct. You'll receive backdated money and money every 2 weeks because there's no time limit to CB ESA Support Group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dylanc123
    Options
    Hi I just had a phone call it was a mistake ..I can breathe again now I think they had put me in wrag by mistake by the sound of things ..thanks for your help x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. Glad they realised their mistake. Great news on the win also!
  • Dylanc123
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.