Underpayments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Underpayments

john28863
john28863 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
my son was transferred from inc ben to esa cb in 2011 hegets £73.10 plus £37 for being in support group he also gets high rate mob middle rate dla he was 26 when changed over has never worked is single and always lived with parents we got esa3 form for him would he be entitled to premium back payments

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

He will need to fill out the form and return it to DWP they will then assess him for the Income related top up. If awarded it will be backdated. It can take 12 weeks or more to be assessed for this because of the backlogs.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • john28863
    Would anything you see ive written stop it please
  • john28863
    Hi how good is the calculator on here as ive done it for my son it says should claim dp hes never had it since going to esa frin ib in 2011
  • poppy123456
    There are only as good as the information you put in them. DWP will contact him if they think he qualifies. There’s 1000s of people being contacted so there’s most likely big backlogs.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • john28863
    So if i know the info is correct poppy then the results are correct would you agree
  • poppy123456
    Possibly yes but if he had a transitional protection when he transferred to ESA, if this was more than the Enhanced disability then he won't be eligible for any backdated money. As i said DWP will contact him at some point.
  • john28863
    What is transitional protectionpoppy
  • john28863
    He was given 9.55 so he didnt lose money at time of transfer to esa they have sent us form its gone back weeks ago he doesnt get dp only 110.75 a week 
  • john28863
    The original paperwork shows all moneys in cb column nothing in ir column
  • poppy123456
    That amount is CB amount. As i said DWP will contact everyone in time. I'm afraid i can't help you anymore with this, as i've given you all the advice there is.
  • john28863
    Ok thanks poppy
  • poppy123456
    Anytime :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.