Still no answer for the assessor not arriving — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still no answer for the assessor not arriving

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Well I just called again for the 4 th time there systems are now up and running but he still has no answer to why the assessor didn't turn up and told me to try again tomorrow. 

Comments

• axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I've had repeated instances of the assessor not turning up and there's never any reasonable explanation.
    In all likelihood they don't have enough assessors prepared to do home visits and the only one they do have was off sick or something, but they couldn't be bothered to let you know.
    Which company is this?
  • Firefly123
    It's Capita all they said was yes it says on the system the home vist was booked for Tuesday but that's it.so until the assessor updates it they don't have an answer 
  • axwy62
    You should be aware that (I hope) very occasionally assessors will say that you were out when they called, so it's a good idea to get on to Customer Services as soon as the booked time slot expires and keep on at them until they give you another one.
    On one occasion, the assessor didn't turn up for an appointment because when they read the paperwork they realised it was a complete waste of everyone's time to do a face-to-face at all.
  • Firefly123
    Yes I called them after an hour but took almost 30 mins on hold. They said well you've missed your slot so they probably won't be coming now. I also called the Dwp just so they make a note of it. 
  • axwy62
    Yes I called them after an hour but took almost 30 mins on hold. They said well you've missed your slot so they probably won't be coming now. I also called the Dwp just so they make a note of it. 
    Really good idea to tell DWP as well, thank you. I'll remember that one.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Three immediate things I would do. Send a letter to CAPITA complaining about the failure of the assessor to keep his/her appointment. Detail the time of your call to CAPITA, date, time etc. The length of time you were on hold, and request they listen to the conversation. CAPITA record all telephone calls. Secondly, Write to DWP, enclosing a copy of your letter to CAPITA, and ask what they intend to do amount it, and will CAPITA's failure affect your benefits, if you are receiving any. Make copies of all letters, and notes of your conversation with both CAPITA and DWP. Find the name of local MP, and send him/her an Email providing a brief outline of your complaint. He/she should get back to you for further information. If Email, don't forget to provide contact telephone number and, most important, your home address. (MP's will not act for you unless you are a constituent) 

Hope this helps you to resolve the issue. As CAPITA failed to attend at the appointed date and time, they should offer you another F2F at home.

Good luck.

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to.
  • Firefly123
    Thank you @MsAnxious

Was actually poppy on here that advised me to do that @axwy62
    Thank you for the advice @Peasmold_01

I'm going through it times 3 sitting here looking at my daughters form thinking do I have the energy for it. I still haven't claim UC for my other son as is just so much to do it seems never ending.
    Thanks for listening 
  • siobhan1
    siobhan1 Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
    I feel that this is disgusting treatment and I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. It would make me so anxious not knowing what was going on, what would happen and I would feel completely out of control of the situation - accessing government services/payments should not ever make people feel that way. I hope they apologise to you and you get it sorted soon x
  • Firefly123

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.