Is this strange- capita assessment questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is this strange- capita assessment questions

Options
Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just called capita again about the assessor not turning up and they said they still have no updates but asked me lots of questions about my house what colour was my door did I have blinds or curtains in my window what is outside me house ect and I can hear them typing away. 

Comments

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Sounds like either the assessor has claimed they called at your house, or they are anticipating the assessor claiming that they did.  If your house can be seen in Google Streetview the assessor may have used that to describe it.  
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Seems odd, but there is no excuse for the acessor not finding your house not with the phone sat navs and car sat navs. Parking is the only problem he or she may have had. I visited a friend using my sat nav and it took me right to their door no problems first visit never been before. The only other reason the acessor may have called knocked the door and never used your door bell, this happens a lot at our house, so when I open the door I ring the bell and say “ the door bell does work” .
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tardis said:
    Sounds like either the assessor has claimed they called at your house, or they are anticipating the assessor claiming that they did.  If your house can be seen in Google Streetview the assessor may have used that to describe it.  
    Agreed. It is likely that with the answers the OP gave the assessor will confirm that that was the house but no one answered the door.
  • Firefly123
    Options
    I hope not as no way they came me my oldest and my son who was having the assessment were at home as well as my two dogs who are rather loud when the door goes just looked on Google earth its pretty much the same except it still has a big tree and a Bush so muct be at least 6/7 years ago. They like to make things as stressful as possible 

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It is just possible that it is the assessor who is being investigated.  You may not be the only one they have done this to.

Try not to worry about whether they believe you.  You made the phone calls, have the proof that you got in carers for your other children, and the dogs exist!  I just hope they don't muck you about for too much longer!
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Thanks @Tardis it just felt rather strange to me when I asked why she said it would help the assessor next time if she says she couldn't find my house.it's not hard to find in the middle of a street Said I've to call back again on Tuesday 
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Well I called again and was told they are doing an investigation and I should call back in a week 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.