Underpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Underpayment

KathleenS
KathleenS Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I’m the appointed person for my adult son and recently got a form to complete regarding a possible underpayment which I filled in. He’s on the enhanced rate of both parts of PIP and gets contribution based ESA and is in the support group. He works 5 hours a week on the minimum wage doing permitted supported employment with a charity where’s supervised. He lives with myself and his dad, no one claims carer’s allowance for him (as we both work).The form states they’re looking back to April 2013, should he be due anything?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Possibly. You'll need to fill the form in and return it and they'll assess him for the income related top. They will contact you when a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KathleenS
    Thanks for that, I returned it on 12th October, any idea how long it takes? Oh and does mine or my husband’s earnings get taken into account if he is entitled to an income-related supplement on top of the contribution-based ESA?
  • poppy123456
    Earnings from yourself and your husband aren't included no because they're your earnings not your sons. Timescales..depends on backlog in your area. Can be several weeks or more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • KathleenS
    You’re a star, thank you!
  • deanjroach84
    deanjroach84 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    i recieved a 50 page form to complete regarding back payments to 2014 ...... i was wondering how long it takes before you hear any thing back??? 
  • poppy123456
    i recieved a 50 page form to complete regarding back payments to 2014 ...... i was wondering how long it takes before you hear any thing back??? 
    Question has been answered on the threads with your other question.
  • KathleenS
    Update update we received word today that he should have had a top up of IR ESA and is due a couple of thousand back money, I wonder if he could reclaim the money he had to pay for dental treatment as he was made to pay because he was only on CB ESA
  • herbie1986
    herbie1986 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Yes you can, you write to NHS business aurthity and just explain
  • KathleenS
    Thanks Herbie I’ll give it a go 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.