Chronic Pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Pain

Options
Ch278
Ch278 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi All I have had my assessment and the DWP has my report I was told by my examinier my case was pretty straightforward and I should hear within 4 weeks. I’m going into week 2 now , I was wondering if there is anyone else that suffers witch chronic back pain and takes high doseages of pain killers ?  And did your case go through ? 
This is so stressful all of this and it is causing my angziety to flare up in full . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. If the descriptors don't apply then you won't score those points for an award. It's totally impossible to compare 2 people.

There's no timescales to decisions but if you live in the UK then you can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report.

It's normal to feel more anxious when waiting for a decision, everyone feels exactly the same. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ch278 welcome to the community! As @poppy123456 says, hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ch278

A very warm welcome.

Give the PIP helpline a call, to request a copy of your assessment report.

When you have this to hand, you will be able to see what has been recommended.

Hope this helps.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Ch278 said:
    hi All I have had my assessment and the DWP has my report I was told by my examinier my case was pretty straightforward and I should hear within 4 weeks. I’m going into week 2 now , I was wondering if there is anyone else that suffers witch chronic back pain and takes high doseages of pain killers ?  And did your case go through ? 
    This is so stressful all of this and it is causing my angziety to flare up in full . 
    Poppy is correct.

However specifically answering your question I too have back pain that is medicated with Morphine and Pregabalin. I received 0 points for that condition.
    It all depends if you can match the impact on your life with the descriptors and in doing so gain at least 8 points. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.