Exhausted ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Exhausted ?

dipsy
dipsy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I'm a 51 yr old single mum looking after a 20 & 19 yrs old both with asd & ADHD I am constantly exhausted & feeling totally overwhelmed. I don't know whether to cry or scream.  Any suggestions where I can find something for them to do with their time

Comments

• Sal16
    Sal16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I'm new to this site. And also a single mum... Looking to make friends and help each other .Can we send private messages on here?
    Sal x
  • Glen76
    Glen76 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    If you are the carer for them, even if it is informal care (without being paid). I would speak to your local carers association who may have a list of alternative organisations that you can seek support for for your two lads
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dipsy so sorry to hear this, I have found some organisations which may be of use to you, ADHD Foundation, Autism Independent UK and National Autistic Society. Hope his helps! :)

Hi @Sal16 welcome to the community! 

As a community user you can earn badges for doing or achieving certain things, such as making a certain number of comments, being on the community for a year or more, or receiving a certain number of ‘likes’.

These badges also reward you with a certain number of points, which in turn allow you to progress through the various ‘ranks’ of community membership, which are as follows: Listener, Whisperer, Talkative, Chatterbox and Brian Blessed.

Badges and ranks are intended as a fun way of showing how much members contribute to the community. Once you reach the level of ‘Whisperer’ (25 point), the ability to send private messages is also enabled. You can view your current rank on your profile page, next to your username, and your current number of points can be found in the ‘About’ section of your profile. Over on the right hand side (or at the bottom of the screen on a mobile device), you can also view the badges you have earned.

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sal16
    Sal16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for the reply :)
  • amanda8289
    amanda8289 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    dipsy said?
    I'm a 51 yr old single mum looking after a 20 & 19 yrs old both with asd & ADHD I am constantly exhausted & feeling totally overwhelmed. I don't know whether to cry or scream.  Any suggestions where I can find something for them to do with their time
    U know exactly what you feel  like. It  thenables constantly  stress of  every  little thing  in life at the moment . It will  get  better  for  you x

Brightness