Pip waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip waiting time

di_16
di_16 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My husband already receives pip daily living at lower rate. . Asked for a review due to poor mobility in May... had a f2f 24th Sept. ... I requested copy of assessment by the looks of it he will stay on the lower daily rate but we did get 12 points for mobility. . I have rang dwp and all they say is it's with a case worker... is this the normal to take so long... it has been on going for 26 weeks now? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @di_16 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this is happening, this could be due to a backlog within your area.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • di_16
    Thank you.... yes maybe your right .. these things take time.  Just wish they would hurry up ..
  • Chayes16
    Chayes16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I’ve I’ve just lodged a complaint and I haven’t even got to see them yet!! 
    Had an appointment and left in plenty of time. Horrible drive and nowhere near to park. Struggled to office in tremendous pain to be told my appointment had been cancelled and that they’d tried to call me 3 times and couldn’t leave a voicemail. I DO have voicemail (2 other people had left voicemails same day) and NO missed calls. First woman read back my number which was incorrect and said I should have updated them with new number, even though I already told her I’d had same number for 10 years!! When I was put through to complaints, she admitted it could have been clerical error!!!
    But luckily, THEIR cancellation doesn’t count against ME!! Yep, that’s what they said!! Apparently, they can cancel as many times as they like, but I can only cancel once!! I’d already changed my work shift to accommodate them, am in serious pain from the journey, fell apart when they said I’d been cancelled and now have to hope I can get more time off work!!!
    They’d already rescheduled my appointment but when I expressed concern that the journey was too much, have agreed to a home visit!! Funnily enough, I could get one of those before the rescheduled office appointment!! How crazy is that?
  • di_16
    They have been messing you around.... I hope it all gets sorted soon for you. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    @di_16 and @Chayes16 both of your situations sound terribly frustrating! Fingers crossed you both don't have to wait too much longer!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • di_16
  • Chayes16
    Chayes16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    And thank you too

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.