Pip reworked — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reworked

micky
micky Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've currently had assment for pip I had letter saying they've received it answer did not come so I rang Sep and they said it had to be re worked what does this mean and is it a good sighn or bad pls help got enough problems with out this being added to my collection thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Courageous
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @micky, I've moved this post to our Ask A Benefits Advisor category, where hopefully somebody will be able to clarify this for you!
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello micky

I have not heard of re worked in regard to the PIP claim processor  decision making. It maybe worth contacting them again to find out exactly what they mean.  Please post again so that we know what it means.

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• micky
    Please tell me what is going on I had letter saying they had all evidence they neede then whe I rang they said report been sent back to assert for re work that what I got told by deputy please help I'm worrying everyday thankyou is this good or bad news please help
  • micky
    Sent back to assessor sorry
    For rework what does this mean thankyou
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    mickymicky,

I have seen this happen just a couple of times, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. It looks like sometimes the assessments need to be 'reworked' because the DWP has decided they are not 'fit for purpose'. This means they are not clear enough or well written enough for the DWP to make a decision.

It isn't a good or bad sign; it may mean your assessor was particularly rushed and didn't write their report well enough. So it has to be done again. Unfortunately, it does mean the decision on your PIP will take longer, and you could complain.

Guidance on 'reworking' assessments is in the PIP assessment guide, section 3.6.  The assessment company (ATOS or Capita) should deal with it as quickly as possible. I'd suggest that if you don't hear anything in the next couple of weeks you consider making a complaint (you can find out how on their websites), and if it carries on for longer than that, maybe ask your MP for help too.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• LindaReynolds
    LindaReynolds Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    This has happened to mine. I Ashford the report which they sent me but they’ds alrysent it back to the assessor. What she’d written contradicted the boxes she’d ticked so giving me a much lower score than it should have been. I was told they shouldn’t have sent me the report as it wasn’t the corrected one. The score she gave would have taken me from high daily living to standard and high mobility to no mobility. Just waiting now to see. I am 70 and have bi polar disorder. I have a psychiatrist, a care coordinator, a care plan and a neighbour who supports me on a daily basis.  It’s pushed my anxiety through the roof. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.