Refused PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused PIP

sarah170
sarah170 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
My Son has been turned down for PIP. 
He has done  mandatory reconsideration, this was also turned down.
He appealed against the decision and asked for it to go to tribunal hearing. Today he received the information from them and they have again turned him down.
I (his Mum) have read through the paperwork and have found several difference's between his application form and the Assessment findings.

Is there anything else we can do.

Thank you
Sarah 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sarah

You can only appeal a tribunal decision on an error in law
    However, if your son has no award in payment there is no waiting time to reapply.
    It is important to understand the criteria for an award as well as the points system
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Did you go for a paper hearing or attended Tribunal Hearing?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    sarah170 said:
    I (his Mum) have read through the paperwork and have found several difference's between his application form and the Assessment findings.
    Whatever you write on the application form is considered and the Tribunal findings need not agree with what has been written.

It would be ridiculous if the DWP or a Tribunal just accepted what was written by you as the only basis of making an award.
    There would be no failed claims in that case. - everyone that applies would get an award.

The Tribunal can come to their own decision depending on how much reliance can be placed on what you have said. I completed my wife's Attendance Allowance (DLA, Care for those over 65), yet the form and myself as a witness/representative were both said to be unreliable and lacking credibility by the Tribunal.

Did you go to the Tribunal hearing and was your son professionally represented?  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.