My DWP letter has the wrong postcode on, HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My DWP letter has the wrong postcode on, HELP

Lynette1066
Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
I need some advice. I needed proof of ESA. My letter has the wrong postcode on.  It was one of those cream coloured A4 hand typed letters. It is a postcode for an address I lived at over five years ago. Now I am in a panic. What do I do to get this corrected?
I am worried this will mean myself not getting future mail etc.
Help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,919 Disability Gamechanger
    Ring DWP to change it, it's the only way to correct what's wrong. Was this a recent letter that you received from DWP?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lynette1066
    Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    Letter asked for this week. Needed up to date proof. But other letters have correct post code on. I think this was a hand typed one. Thanks I will call DWP on Monday and ask them to correct this error. As I do not want other mail to go missing etc.
    Thanks for the advice, I seem to get the help and support from this site and its staff.  All other letters this year have had correct postcode on, but DWP seem to only look at last letter sent etc. So must get this corrected ASAP.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You didn’t need advice or help from this site or forum, it’s just common sense, what would you or I do if the letter came from another provider, company, we would phone them to amend their records job done.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,919 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    You didn’t need advice or help from this site or forum, it’s just common sense, what would you or I do if the letter came from another provider, company, we would phone them to amend their records job done.
    Really? was there really any need for that comment? People get worried about things like this and what might be "common sense" to one person, may not be common sense to another. People come here for advice, not for comments like that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.