Back pay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back pay

lfcalvo
lfcalvo Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I was recently rewarded limited work and work related activities and told I would receive an extra amount on top of my uc and that I would also be paid any arrears owes.  I phoned up the uc and asked could they see a date where it would be back dated too and have been told the 9th of march. But it's hard to see them paying me 8 months worth of uc extra element or can this happen thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, the LCWRA is paid from the 4th month of your claim. If it takes longer to make a decision then you're backdated all the money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lfcalvo
    So when I was told the 9th of march that was true and I will get 8 months of back pay soon as only got the letter last Monday. Didn't think Ithat went back that far
  • poppy123456
    It's from the 4th month of your claim, so if that's the 4 month then it's correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lfcalvo
    See I don't know I just asked what date is it being back dated from and they said it looks like the 9th of march. But all I wanted to know is can it go back that far as I keep reading different stuff on different sites saying only 12 weeks or 13 weeks. Because that's about 2,500 I would be owed then does that happen 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2018
    The waiting period begins when you first gave your fit/sick note and your money is increased from 4 months after this date. As i have no idea when you first took in your fit note then i can't tell you when your money will be backdated from. Just count 4 months from that date.
    See link here and scroll down to "waiting period"

You'll be backdated what ever they owe you, regardless of how much it is.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.