PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

I've been waiting 47 weeks for a tribunal

BEXIBEXI Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi i was looking for advice on how long a tribunal hearing date can take. I have been waiting for 47 weeks and slowly losing my mind trying to deal with managing my condictionssss, work, finances. I am just going round in circles I try to work yo make up for time I am not able to then my body crashes from doing to much. 

Replies

• markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 374 Pioneering
    Ring the court they will give you the answer you are looking for 
  • BEXIBEXI Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Well they said 45 weeks, 45 weeks passed I called and emailed.
    They then said its upto 47 weeks!!? now 47 weeks have passed...... 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of people are waiting a year and more for a hearing date, backlogs are huge.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • JustJanJustJan Member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Mine took 18 months but I won once I finally had it.I'm in the west midlands. It first got adjourned to obtain my medical records. Once you win though,they don't take long to pay what they owe.
  • cazza62cazza62 Member Posts: 60 Courageous
    edited October 2018
    Mine as taken 42 weeks in court on the 29 0ct the court told me 47 to 55 weeks
  • BEXIBEXI Member Posts: 3 Listener
    How did you get on? They told me 45 weeks then after 45 weeks they said 47! 
  • Mikey44Mikey44 Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    I waited 44weeks had my Tribunal won it for 5 years but the waiting isn’t over have to wait 8 more weeks for paperwork to be exchanged between DWP/Tribunal and myself award hasn’t been updated and as expected no money has been handed over or my Mobility Car returned its sooooo frustrating 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,749 Disability Gamechanger
    The length of time you wait is not a fixed number. It is ever changing. If you ring up this week it moght be 45 weeks. Ring up a week later and it might be more or less. Sessions are being arranged and cancelled all the time. 

You can ask for a direction from a judge for an expedited hearing but that likely won’t be on health grounds as most people are appealing on health grounds so there’s nothing to differentiate your case. A better argument might be finances but again it would need something to distinguish such as a notice seeking possession. 

Otherwise you’re just waiting. However, given the wait, there’s no reason to not seek competent representation and prepare your case properly. Use the time well and it will soon pass.
Sign in or join us to comment.