I've been waiting 47 weeks for a tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been waiting 47 weeks for a tribunal

BEXI
BEXI Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i was looking for advice on how long a tribunal hearing date can take. I have been waiting for 47 weeks and slowly losing my mind trying to deal with managing my condictionssss, work, finances. I am just going round in circles I try to work yo make up for time I am not able to then my body crashes from doing to much. 

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Ring the court they will give you the answer you are looking for 
  • BEXI
    Well they said 45 weeks, 45 weeks passed I called and emailed.
    They then said its upto 47 weeks!!? now 47 weeks have passed...... 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of people are waiting a year and more for a hearing date, backlogs are huge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JustJan
    JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Mine took 18 months but I won once I finally had it.I'm in the west midlands. It first got adjourned to obtain my medical records. Once you win though,they don't take long to pay what they owe.
  • cazza62
    cazza62 Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    edited October 2018
    Mine as taken 42 weeks in court on the 29 0ct the court told me 47 to 55 weeks
  • BEXI
    How did you get on? They told me 45 weeks then after 45 weeks they said 47! 
  • Mikey44
    Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    I waited 44weeks had my Tribunal won it for 5 years but the waiting isn’t over have to wait 8 more weeks for paperwork to be exchanged between DWP/Tribunal and myself award hasn’t been updated and as expected no money has been handed over or my Mobility Car returned its sooooo frustrating 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.