Had my pip assessment yesterday. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my pip assessment yesterday.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    pixie61 said:
    I don’t really know. I’ve heard stories of people being on DLA for 20years & refused pip. It’s awful, just wish I was well enough to really fight for all of us! 
    Because PIP and DLA are assessed in a different way.
    I had been claiming DLA since 1995 and had been awarded it at the High rates for both Care & Mobility indefinitely.
    I was moved to PIP and scored 0 points. This happened three times in total in the last 5 years. By the end I gave up claiming it as it was more trouble than it was worth - age and illness was making it difficult.
  • pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    I’m sorry to hear that, the system rubbish isn’t it. Hope you’re ok xx
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Sorry to hear what you folks are going through hope the MR goes well for you. 

I have my first pip assessment on the 29th and I'm terrified. 
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Thanks for everyones response, yadnad your knowledge is amazing. pixie i hope that everything goes well for you and spibes im terrified too. i wish they could just tell us there and then but we must wait, please do update once you recieve your decision xxx 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:
    When you say "most" people receive bad reports with lies and untruths etc, is not exactly correct.

Lots of people claim PIP successfully without any problems at all but we rarely hear their story. Naturally when reading stories on the internet we'll only ever hear the bad ones. If someone has had an award they're happy with then they have no questions to ask, therefore we don't hear their story.
    Not too sure if that reply Poppy is being directed at me? In any event I have not said 'most'. 

On the other hand it is naïve to think that most reports are accurate and that people claim PIP without any problems. Many people do accept the award made even though the report in parts may well not be accurate. They don't want to rock the boat or are simply happy with what they have been given.

I would imagine that there are not that many reports that are totally accurate in every respect.

Nope it wasn't directed at you. I'm not naive thanks. I never said that "most" reports are accurate.

Would you like to point out where exactly i said that please because i can't see any where in the above quote where i did state that. What i said was that saying that most reports are inaccurate isn't exactly correct. People do receive truthful reports and claim PIP successfully without any problems.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Yadnad said:
    When you say "most" people receive bad reports with lies and untruths etc, is not exactly correct.

Lots of people claim PIP successfully without any problems at all but we rarely hear their story. Naturally when reading stories on the internet we'll only ever hear the bad ones. If someone has had an award they're happy with then they have no questions to ask, therefore we don't hear their story.
    Not too sure if that reply Poppy is being directed at me? In any event I have not said 'most'. 

On the other hand it is naïve to think that most reports are accurate and that people claim PIP without any problems. Many people do accept the award made even though the report in parts may well not be accurate. They don't want to rock the boat or are simply happy with what they have been given.

I would imagine that there are not that many reports that are totally accurate in every respect.

Nope it wasn't directed at you. I'm not naive thanks. I never said that "most" reports are accurate.

Would you like to point out where exactly i said that please because i can't see any where in the above quote where i did state that. What i said was that saying that most reports are inaccurate isn't exactly correct. People do receive truthful reports and claim PIP successfully without any problems.
    I agree with you, my mum has had a fantastic experience they were so quick, within a week of face to face she was awarded. On the other hand ive waited 3 months just for the face to face. x 
  • Spibes
    Thanks this forum and people on twitter have been really supportive I'll update after the assessment and once I receive the decision. 

I also have ESA to worry about sent off my esa50 off last week 2nd reassessment for that, very stressful stuff but I'll continue to be positive. 

Quick query, if I do get pip daily living even if standard does that make me entitled to the severe disability premium on my esa support group award? 
  • poppy123456
    SDP is payable, if no one claims Carers allowance for looking after you and you live alone, or classed as living alone. Along with daily living PIP or DLA mid/high rate care ( for others that may read this)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Spibes
    Brilliant thank you poppy you're a star!
  • Eadiesmummy1
    @Spibes i had my work assessment for UC last Wednesday. Assessor was lovely (nice looking too hahah!) hope all goes well for you. @poppy123456 thanks for your info xx 
  • blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    @Eadiesmummy1 try not to worry to much my son went well he was actally awarded  higher than he was on on dla everyone has different expericences  try not to worry til u see report  i requested my sons 4 days after and rec week later   hope you get the outcome you deserve 
  • Spibes
    edited November 2018
    @Eadiesmummy1 That's brilliant last assessment I had for esa was at Christmas on 27th December so hoping it's not Christmas again and hoping for January. 

Haha funnily enough when I had my autism assessment when my mum came with me in August we both mentioned the male assesor was smoking hot (he looked like Chris Pratt) and that diagnosis went well so hoping that full report will help my esa and pip claims. 
  • poppy123456
    Forums are usually the worst place to visit while you're applying for something. You read far too much many bad things and not enough good to keep your spirits up. Stressful times applying for any benefit like this.

My daughter and myself were both refused DLA. Both went onto to claim PIP successfully a couple of years later, with exactly the same conditions affecting us. So as i said, it's not always bad news. Good luck to all those waiting for decisions!
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I've had several bad assessments, but also one good one. The report was very accurate.
  • Eadiesmummy1
    @blitzy123 thank you very much, i think im just a genuinely paranoid person haha. @Spibes i kept losing concentrarion, i took my mum and even she was staring lol. @poppy123456 thanks again, always a great help. so glad you got it in the end. @Waylay glad you recieved an accurate report! They are querying MS for me as i have developed so many neuro problems over the last year or so, have no reflex in left leg and unexplained right sided facial numbness, my legs stop working sometimes as do my hands. Hoping for diagnosis soon xx 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Eadiesmummy1
    Yeah, 1 accurate assessment out of 6. :/
  • Eadiesmummy1
    @Waylay sorry i misread that! 1/6 is not good at all! x 
  • Yadnad
    @Waylay sorry i misread that! 1/6 is not good at all! x 
    Neither is 0/3 in my case!
  • Eadiesmummy1
    @Yadnad have you appealed any?  x 
  • Yadnad
    @Yadnad have you appealed any?  x 
    The first two (2013 & 2015) were changed at MR stage from 0 points to Enhanced Care & Mobility. The third one (2017) when it went for MR the decision came back - no change.
    At that point I gave up as the thought of this going on for the next 20 years until I am 90 was far too much to cope with - no appeal was lodged, just the MR.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.