Won at tribunal but still waiting to be paid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won at tribunal but still waiting to be paid

icequeen
icequeen Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi who do I get in touch with about my pip. I won at tribual on 3rd October but I'm still waiting to be paid. Who do I contact about this I'm really confused 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @icequeen, and congratulations! From what others have said, it appears to take the DWP 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You would contact DWP but as Pippa has advised, it can be anything up to 8 weeks and sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Hi @icequeen

My tribunal for PIP was on Oct 11, and I got the money today. Still don't have the letter showing my award, tho. Different in different areas of the country, but hopefully my experience is pretty average.

• Scooot09XXX
    Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    How long did you wait for your appeal 
  • Lorry
    Lorry Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi, I won my tribunal in September and had to wait 6 weeks for the years backdated money to arrive. They called about a week before the money arrived and asked if I had been in hospital / prison (which I haven't ), and then said it was being processed..
  • icequeen
    icequeen Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi yes it's 6 weeks tomorrow I've since phoned them and filled in letter they sent me so I'm hopeing fingers crossed by end of this week. They had all wrong information so good job this group told me to phone 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.