Hi, my name is rukna007! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is rukna007!

rukna007
rukna007 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Very useful article, I will use these tips. Positive parenting all the way!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rukna007 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rukna007

Good Morning & Welcome to our Community/Site.

Please please have a good look ? around.

If I can help/support you in anyway please let me know??????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @rukna007 :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • rukna007
    rukna007 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited November 2018
    Hi all, thank you for that warm welcome. Sorry about my first post, was trying to comment on a article. 

I am currently not doing well, single mother to a 9 yr old (Sully) with severe asd and 8 yr old (Mo) with possible asd/add with severe language difficulties. Sully has been displaying a lot challenging behaviours at special school and home. Hitting, scratching, inappropriate self touching, chucking items out of windows, and breaking objects, biting inedible items. Its caused increased anxiety in me as I am the only carer and finding it difficult to manage. I usually am a proactive mum and do various things with my children but I am highly burned out, an finding myself physically ill due to the mental burden. Never know when he may have an outburst, scared and living like am walking on egg shells. So exhausted. 

R

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rukna007, and another warm welcome from me!

Thanks for sharing this with us: that sounds really tough. It's clear that you have your children's best interests at heart and it certainly sounds like you have your hands full. You may like to talk to @Jack_W, our Autism and Asperger's advisor, in case he has any advice for dealing with the behavioural issues.

It may also be worth getting in touch with Carers UK. They're a great charity who provide support to parents and carers: it's just as important to look after yourself too!
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rukna007   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry to hear you having problems.

Have you spoken to The National Autistic Society for any advice and information to help you cope.

Helpline 020 7833 2299

Something to consider.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Jack_W
    Jack_W Scope Member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Hi @rukna007,

You're in the right place to have a supportive community who will know from their own experience that you're not alone or unusual to this kind of situation.

I have a friend who I personally know from a role at NHS England that we are both representatives on. She is a mother of an older son now, who is also autistic amongst other co-occurring conditions, which sounds very similar to what you're going through here.

There are many resources on this website, including events being held, as well as information on joining groups of other parents that have given a wider community on these issues. Take a look yourself https://yvonnenewbold.com/.

Take care,
    Jack

Brightness