Hi, my name is SurvivingTara! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SurvivingTara!

Options
SurvivingTara
SurvivingTara Community member Posts: 56 Pioneering
70 Yrs and surviving Complex PTSD. It has been a hell of a journey.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SurvivingTara, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here. If we can be of any assistance, do let us know.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SurvivingTara

Good Afternoon & Welcome ? 

It’s great to meet you today. 

Yes mine has has been like living on a “Rollercoaster”

Mind you there was more “downs” than “ups” to be “honest”

Please let me know if I can help you ????
  • SurvivingTara
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and posts. Appreciate all. Contact with others is important. I have none, and feel terrified everyday with emotional flash backs. So hard to sit and let them flow through you, cold turkey so to speak.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SurvivingTara

That’s no probs it’s my pleasure ? 

You Don’t need to Worry anymore as we are all here for you!!!!!!

Please let me know if I can help/support you with anything?????
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Options
    lots of virtual love to you surviving tara.
    I too suffer thedaily nightmare of CPTSD for the last 56 years. I struggled I believe from being a toddler as I was told I was regularly having to be taken home by the police. I vividly  Remember I was totally traumatised for sure by 5 years old and that was only the start of my journey. I was diagnosed officially last year. Unfortunetly I have got to the stage where I struggle all my life ...had my trust  distroyed in relationships. lost my entire family (which is bitter sweet) I guess nobody but another person with the condition could ever imagine what it is like. All I can say is its a actual living nightmare only you dont wake up. I also realise the strenth it has given me as a human however would be great if i could get support but thats another issue altogether ..

• SurvivingTara
    Options
    Thanks Steve and vickann. It is a nightmare we never waken up from. Age 5 was dumped in a hospital TB. from milk, in the 1950s, told IIwould die. Was not visited, told I would not go home, nothing to play with, injected every 3 hours with a huge needle, around the clock for 4 months. They would not get away with such neglect today,(hopefully) Scared is a mild word. When taken home by an uncle, nobody gave me, hugs just told to get into bed, and there I stayed another 6 weeks. Then neglected by cold rejecting mother, then abused constantly in church and Sunday school, for 5 years, by father.  Mother colluded. Whilst on the pain killers for migraine unwittingly I did not know the blocked out anxiety , flashbacks panic. Yes, only someone who has been traumatized etc can understand. Genuine support from professional is lacking.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Options
    survivingtara also sending virtual massive hugs to your inner child xx
  • SurvivingTara
    Options
    Thank you so much x :)

Brightness