Hi, my name is SurvivingTara! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SurvivingTara!

Options
SurvivingTara
SurvivingTara Community member Posts: 56 Pioneering
70 Yrs and surviving Complex PTSD. It has been a hell of a journey.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SurvivingTara, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here. If we can be of any assistance, do let us know.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SurvivingTara

Good Afternoon & Welcome ? 

It’s great to meet you today. 

Yes mine has has been like living on a “Rollercoaster”

Mind you there was more “downs” than “ups” to be “honest”

Please let me know if I can help you ????
  • SurvivingTara
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and posts. Appreciate all. Contact with others is important. I have none, and feel terrified everyday with emotional flash backs. So hard to sit and let them flow through you, cold turkey so to speak.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SurvivingTara

That’s no probs it’s my pleasure ? 

You Don’t need to Worry anymore as we are all here for you!!!!!!

Please let me know if I can help/support you with anything?????
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Options
    lots of virtual love to you surviving tara.
    I too suffer thedaily nightmare of CPTSD for the last 56 years. I struggled I believe from being a toddler as I was told I was regularly having to be taken home by the police. I vividly  Remember I was totally traumatised for sure by 5 years old and that was only the start of my journey. I was diagnosed officially last year. Unfortunetly I have got to the stage where I struggle all my life ...had my trust  distroyed in relationships. lost my entire family (which is bitter sweet) I guess nobody but another person with the condition could ever imagine what it is like. All I can say is its a actual living nightmare only you dont wake up. I also realise the strenth it has given me as a human however would be great if i could get support but thats another issue altogether ..

• SurvivingTara
    Options
    Thanks Steve and vickann. It is a nightmare we never waken up from. Age 5 was dumped in a hospital TB. from milk, in the 1950s, told IIwould die. Was not visited, told I would not go home, nothing to play with, injected every 3 hours with a huge needle, around the clock for 4 months. They would not get away with such neglect today,(hopefully) Scared is a mild word. When taken home by an uncle, nobody gave me, hugs just told to get into bed, and there I stayed another 6 weeks. Then neglected by cold rejecting mother, then abused constantly in church and Sunday school, for 5 years, by father.  Mother colluded. Whilst on the pain killers for migraine unwittingly I did not know the blocked out anxiety , flashbacks panic. Yes, only someone who has been traumatized etc can understand. Genuine support from professional is lacking.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Options
    survivingtara also sending virtual massive hugs to your inner child xx
  • SurvivingTara
    Options
    Thank you so much x :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.