Just had my results back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had my results back

galowo
galowo Community member Posts: 54 Connected
0 points for either 

I don’t leave the house, when I’m manic I apply for jobs for doctors roles and paint the house? 

When im depressed I can’t leave the house.. my mum has mybank card.. manages my bills as I got into debt for not paying bills..

i have to have my mum give me a tablet each morning as I’m not allowed medication in the house my mum minds it

i don’t engage with people 

there’s so much... 

however 0 points on both...

and as im on a “ low dose of antidepressants” it’s not classed as a high dose... lol that bit made me laugh which I haven’t done for a while ! They did something positive! But I am ok 20G on fluoxetine and it was reduced as I’m waiting for my mood stability tablets to be recommended when I have had a meeting with my new doctor at mental outpatient unit. ( waiting list)

my condition is bipolar.  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

You now have 28 days to request the MR. Put your request in writing, stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. Give 2-3 recent examples of what happened the last time you did or tried to do that activity. Having the PIP descriptors next to you when you write the MR letter will help. Evidence to prove how your conditions affect you will be needed. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fireantguy22
    Fireantguy22 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Hi I'm the same 0 points suffered mental health 20 year got my pip reply today making me I'll,where do we go from Here?
  • galowo
    I know...

so you scored 0 points for both too? 

Sorry to hear..

• galowo
    Hi Poppy,

i understand it works off abilties..

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I'm the same 0 points suffered mental health 20 year got my pip reply today making me I'll,where do we go from Here?
    See my comment on this thread for what you need to do next.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @galowo did you get any help from other agencies to complete your pip application and are you getting any support with your health issues.
  • galowo
    I didn’t get support did it all my self..

currently waiting community nurse and a new mental health doctor, transferred from another one so waiting
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    @galowo did you get any help from other agencies to complete your pip application and are you getting any support with your health issues.
    Not everyone is able to access that level of support. Parts of the UK are devoid of this help.
  • galowo
    They’ve closed out cab office x
  • Yadnad
    galowo said:
    They’ve closed out cab office x
    As has happened up and down the country with other welfare rights organisations.

The answer that comes from the government - no one needs or requires any help to claim benefits - the system is easy to understand and the forms are written in plain English. 
  • debbiedo49
    @Yadnad I disagree about that some people do need help to fill out the forms accurately to get the best possible outcome and support to go through the very stressful process. @galowo that’s a pity you are waiting as they probably could have supported you through this and provided evidence. Are you able to ask the m h team for evidence from when you last used their services? Do you use and other charitable m h services who could help?
  • galowo
    Hi debbie. 

I have never ever been in this situation before like a lot haven’t. So I was clueless to it really. I just filled out the form and did the assessment as myself but I did probably fall into tricks they did. 

I know im entitled to it.

i don’t have any mh services I’m aware of? If you do? 

Thanks 
  • Yadnad
    edited November 2018
    @Yadnad I disagree about that some people do need help to fill out the forms accurately to get the best possible outcome and support to go through the very stressful process.
    But isn't that the point? Why should public money be used to provide professional help to those seeking to claim money (more money) from the government in the form of one or more welfare benefits? - some people do need help to fill out the forms accurately to get the best possible outcome and support to go through the very stressful process

I fully agree with you that many people, and I include myself as one, do need help to navigate the process. Otherwise it ends up as a two tier system - those that know what they are doing and those that haven't a clue. The former category are more likely to get an award over the latter.

• galowo
    Yes I feel that’s where I have failed I didn’t have a clue, I know I’m entitled too it. Just explaining how
  • debbiedo49
    @galowo you shouldn't feel you have failed as many people are unsuccessful at Claiming-Personal-Independence-Payment going by this site alone. There are other sites which provide guidance to complete the forms mentioned on scope. The mental health organisations,if there are any, will be specific to your area so you would have to try searching online or ask your local council about it as they may have a directory. Or try one of the larger organisations like mind who will tell you what's available in your area. 
  • debbiedo49
    Yadnad said:
    @Yadnad I disagree about that some people do need help to fill out the forms accurately to get the best possible outcome and support to go through the very stressful process.
    But isn't that the point? Why should public money be used to provide professional help to those seeking to claim money (more money) from the government in the form of one or more welfare benefits? - some people do need help to fill out the forms accurately to get the best possible outcome and support to go through the very stressful process

I fully agree with you that many people, and I include myself as one, do need help to navigate the process. Otherwise it ends up as a two tier system - those that know what they are doing and those that haven't a clue. The former category are more likely to get an award over the latter.

I don't understand the first sentence?
  • Yadnad
    edited November 2018
    Yadnad said:

I don't understand the first sentence?
    You would have to re-read the posts made by yourself and myself to see the context.

My first paragraph re-iterates part of what the public and the government said when taking away the legal aid funding from agencies where that funding was being used by claimants to claim additional monies from the welfare state,

In a previous post I re-iterated the government's statement at the time that no one should really need professional help paid for by way of legal aid as the claiming process is reasonably simple. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.