Issues with blue badge renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Issues with blue badge renewal

Options
jackabeano
jackabeano Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi
i am hoping you can help me
i am trying to renew my blue badge but they want to see the breakdown of my PIp award, the moving about section
i get enhanced mobility and standard on everyday living
i have a letter showing the amount I get but my husband has been unable to find the original showing the breakdown
my local council are a nightmare and insisting they need to see this even though they had a copy when I originally applied for my first blue badge 3 years ago
can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can get a copy of it?
thank you

Comments

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @jackabeano.... Recently had the same problem.

The council insist on a recent [within 12 months] certificate.  Not a major problem and it was easy enough to get a positive response from DWP [who agree that they had only ever sent the original award] so it was sent within days.

Irritating to have to wait for ages in a queue to speak to someone on the phone, who was very pleasant and efficient by the way, but why on earth can they not be contacted by email especially when it's for a simple request?

In the 21st century why do so many organisations still live in the past? 

May be that the council feel that things may have changed and that's why they want a more up-to-date notice of your entitlement.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• jackabeano
    jackabeano Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks  exdvr for the reply but just this minute my husband managed to find the original award letter from 2015 so he has scanned that in and I have emailed it to them
    I am not due for a PIP reassessment till the end of next year so that was the only one I had
    hopefully that will do ?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jackabeano, and a warm welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've had such issues with this, fingers crossed it'll be resolved now!
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks  exdvr for the reply but just this minute my husband managed to find the original award letter from 2015 so he has scanned that in and I have emailed it to them
    I am not due for a PIP reassessment till the end of next year so that was the only one I had
    hopefully that will do ?
    Hope you're in luck but my council insisted on one that was issued within the last 12 months.  Bureaucracy at its best!

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Everyone that has a PIP award gets an annual updating award notice - that is what the council want to see - not the original one from years ago.

Brightness