Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
jameswesson
jameswesson Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm currently preparing for my tribunal I'm just wondering if I apply for high rate will they offer me low rate if they think they think I'm to healthy for higher rate or will they just say no all together

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Whether you're awarded anything by the Tribunal will totally depend how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities against the PIP descriptors and what evidence you send to support your claim. No one on an internet forum can tell you whether you'll be successful or not.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't actually apply for any rate. Your job is to show the tribunal that you meet the descriptors for an award. How well you do this and how you fit into the descriptors and the level of the impact your condition has on your life should determine the points awarded. This in turn will determine what if any award you receive.Look carefully at the descriptors as you make your submission

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jameswesson
    jameswesson Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • ofme
    ofme Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.