Esa not received — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa not received

Options
rubyrose34
rubyrose34 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi i sent my filled in form with loads of evidence on the 5 nov they had on 6nov and signed for it.so this was well before cut off date of 11 nov..i had a letter on fri to say they stopped my payments when i rang they said didnt receive it.what do i do now.iv been on esa for 5ys and incapacity before that..thanks

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Contact them again saying your papers where signed for and you have the person's name and time so please check your system please. I take it you have got the details of who signed for your papers.These things have been reported before and when DWP check they find them so be persistent and if you can contact your MPgiving all the information required for her/ him to help.good luck.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Where did you return the ESA50 form to? Did you use the address that was on the envelope that came with the form?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rubyrose34
    Options
    It was unit b wolverhampton.on fri they told me that its most prob lost in IT blackhole and could i get to a job centre and quickly fill in another...The thing is it took me ages with daughter writing what i say.. i did use the address .thanks again
    X
  • ofme
    ofme Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    It's good that you had sent your form by signed for delivery. Seek advice to see if you can get emergency payments until the problem is resolved . Good luck x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hind sight is a wonderfull thing, you should always make and keep a copy of anything sent to DWP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It was unit b wolverhampton.on fri they told me that its most prob lost in IT blackhole and could i get to a job centre and quickly fill in another...The thing is it took me ages with daughter writing what i say.. i did use the address .thanks again
    X
    I'm not sure why they asked if you can get to your local job centre to fill out another, i highly doubt that they would keep any of those forms there.

Did you scan and keep a copy of the form? I always scan mine before returning it. Although all of my ESA50 forms have come straight from the health advisory assessment and not from DWP, so they've always been returned straight back to them. This avoids DWP. I always thought everyone's came from them, rather than DWP.

You won't be able to ask for any emergency payments as advised above because they didn't receive the form in time then your money has stopped for failing to return the form.

You may have no option but to ask for a Mandatory reconsideration within 28 days. If you have the proof of posting receipt then you should add this as evidence that you did return the form.

Speak to your local CAB or other advice centre near you for help. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • veryconfused
    veryconfused Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    I took my esa form personally into their office in Croydon,as I worry about everything lol,still wondering if they got it now as they said they would hand it over to the other department
  • rubyrose34
    Options
    I am really annoyed over this as what else could i have done i sent it by next day sighned for so i could track it.To  see if if they received it on time which they did 5 days early.what they did tell me was that it should have all been put into the envelope provided but as I explained all the extra evidence i sent would not have fitted and i dont think it says only to put questionaire in on the form.
    Im going to phone everyday now to see if they had it and also put a complaint in as the letter did not even say why my money was being stopped.it just said i have my christmas bonus and gave dates  and breakdown of payments from 2014.It was so confusing thats why i phoned and they said why they are stopping my payments.thanks again for your help.
  • veryconfused
    veryconfused Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    :) hope all goes well ruby

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.