How do housebound people get help in filling in pip forms? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do housebound people get help in filling in pip forms?

Options
NoraBatty
NoraBatty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I would like to know how people who are currently housebound, due to parents being ill are supposed to get help in filling in pip forms, as they need people to come to them to help within the next 10 to 12 days so the form will be completed & returned before the 1/12/2018. Thanks, 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @NoraBatty   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Please can I advise Citizen's Advice has a step by step , question by question guide filling in a PIP claim form on their website.

Which you might find useful.  Also please contact the PIP helpline 0800 121 4433 for further advice.

You can inform them of your situation.

Hope that helps you.

We are a friendly, supportive community.  Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NoraBatty

Good Evening & Welcome.

You have all ready been given some great advice above.

We have also got a helpline ourselves.
    0808 800 3333.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Is the PIP form for yourself and you can't leave your parents to go out to get help filling in the form? Or for your parents and they can't go out to get help to fill the form in?

If it's for yourself then can you ask a friend or family member to stay with your parents when you're attending the appointment? Or use the link above for a guide to filling the form out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Hello,
    If you're housebound and have no friends, family, support worker or anyone else who can help you complete it then ring the DWP, explain this to them and ask if they can send a DWP visiting officer to see you to help you complete the form.

Ask them to also extend the deadline by 14 days to allow for time for the visiting officer to come out.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.