If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How do housebound people get help in filling in pip forms?

NoraBattyNoraBatty Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I would like to know how people who are currently housebound, due to parents being ill are supposed to get help in filling in pip forms, as they need people to come to them to help within the next 10 to 12 days so the form will be completed & returned before the 1/12/2018. Thanks, 


  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @NoraBatty   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    Please can I advise Citizen's Advice has a step by step , question by question guide filling in a PIP claim form on their website.

    Which you might find useful.  Also please contact the PIP helpline 0800 121 4433 for further advice.

    You can inform them of your situation.

    Hope that helps you.

    We are a friendly, supportive community.  Care and share.

    Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NoraBatty

    Good Evening & Welcome.

    You have all ready been given some great advice above.

    We have also got a helpline ourselves.
    0808 800 3333.

  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Is the PIP form for yourself and you can't leave your parents to go out to get help filling in the form? Or for your parents and they can't go out to get help to fill the form in?

    If it's for yourself then can you ask a friend or family member to stay with your parents when you're attending the appointment? Or use the link above for a guide to filling the form out.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • FetlockFetlock Member Posts: 79 Courageous
    If you're housebound and have no friends, family, support worker or anyone else who can help you complete it then ring the DWP, explain this to them and ask if they can send a DWP visiting officer to see you to help you complete the form.

    Ask them to also extend the deadline by 14 days to allow for time for the visiting officer to come out.
Sign in or join us to comment.