Confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused

grammy
grammy Community member Posts: 12 Listener
i joined the group last night and used the name Grammy. 

Today I received a letter from social services and the recipricant showed up in light grey as Grammy. After Indouble clicked on it my proper name came up. I thought this was a scam so made phone calls to confirm where the email had come from. Can you please explain why this has happened. The email was genuine but for a while there I went into panic.  

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    This is odd! This online community is anonymous and no personal data is stored or shared.
    Have you used the username Grammy on any government online sites?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • grammy
    Never. This is the first time I’ve ever used it. I phoned the sender and she said yes she sent the email and was also worried that the name Grammy was in the recipricants space. As soon as I doubled clicked on it my proper name came up. . 
  • grammy
    Not a letter an email sorry 
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    I'm not sure what a recipricant is, but this sounds like it is something to do with your email app having associated your user name here with your email address.  Has it ever happened with any other website user name?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.