Dwp questions. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp questions.

Options
dannyUK76
dannyUK76 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
Hi so I’m getting really confused now I spoke with DWP earlier today about my claim told it’s with case manger but then said could be speeded up and had to answer.  

Had I been in hospital
Had I been in residential care 
Had I been in police custody 
And had I been abroad 
Ok so why would I answer these? And why would case manger want these ?‍♀️Help. 

Comments

• Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    They are asking you these questions to establish your eligibility for benefits. For example if you are on PIP and are in hospital for 28 days then your benefit would stop until you are discharged.  Some benefits  have varying degrees whereas reductions apply when you are in the care of others in a place like a hospital or residential care.
  • dannyUK76
    Options
    Dose it make a difference if they asking after a tribunal win? 
    Will they ask me more questions. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are typical questions they ask everyone after a Tribunal win and before paying your money.

However, your backpay may not be for as long as you expect unless you ask for the supersession, as previously advised on your other thread.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dannyUK76
    Options
    Phoned them earlier spoke with a case manger asked about the new claim she said it won’t matter then asked if she sure she replied she’s not sure ? so getting a appeal officer to phone me. 
    Proves my point that they give out incorrect information leads to problems. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.