PiP has stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP has stopped

mizzdeb
mizzdeb Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all. 
I found this site by accident but it seems it will be good find.
I am researching on PIP for having certain ailments. I have had it for last 8yrs. Then out blue I receive a letter telling me I no longer will receive my PIP. Even though it was awarded until May 2019. W.T.F......
So did anyone resolve their issues on PIP.
Mizzd

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mizzdeb Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Thank you for your question.  Understand benefits are complex and confusing. Have you rang the PIP helpline.

Have a helpline 0800 121 4433

There will be able to tell you why.  Also some one from our community or a member of our team might be able to advise you.

Have you spoken to your local CAB .  They have benefit knowledge and expertise. Including form filling in.

I hope that helps.

We are a supportive, friendly community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Reviews take place 1 year before the award is due to end. If the decision doesn't go in your favour then your PIP will stop or be reduced if you have a lower award.

You have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. You should put this in writing stating what you disagree and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Sending evidence that states how your conditions affect you will also help.

Only 17% of MR decisions change so most likely you'll have to take it to Tribunal.

I'd advise contacting your local welfare rights or law centre for help with the process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    mizzdeb said:
    Hello all. 
    I found this site by accident but it seems it will be good find.
    I am researching on PIP for having certain ailments. I have had it for last 8yrs. Then out blue I receive a letter telling me I no longer will receive my PIP. Even though it was awarded until May 2019. W.T.F......
    So did anyone resolve their issues on PIP.
    Mizzd

Nope not me I had had enough of the PIP roundabout and decided that I was best out of the system for peace of mind.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    Did they give a reason?
    Were you sent a reveiw notice ?
    Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration ?
    If you didn't receive one you should check that it was sent and to the correct address
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.