ESA ftf assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA ftf assesment

liz999991
liz999991 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
had my ESA assessment the hcw said my doctors have not put much info in about all my conditions so it's difficult to make a decision it with be in the hands of the DM who makes the final decision she took copy's if my hospital inpatient letter I gave her and questioned me over a hour confused to who makes the final decision I was believed it was the the hcw who does the Ftf assessment 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's your responsibility to send evidence about how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work and not their's.

The HCP writes a report of recommendation and the returns it to DWP. A DM then makes the decision not the HCP.

You can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • veryconfused
    veryconfused Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    waiting for a f2f but feeling very unwell,can I rearrange one??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    waiting for a f2f but feeling very unwell,can I rearrange one??
    Yup, ring the number on the top of the appointment letter. Hope you feel better soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • liz999991
    liz999991 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    for what its worth I often find the assessors at f2f to seem to care more about it me then my gp, e.g. after my f2f, my assessor wrote a letter to my gp about how she feels I have been treated badly.  But to answer your question you can "once" get your appointment rearranged at your request.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.