PIP assessment, should he appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment, should he appeal?

sharonef
sharonef Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son has just been turned down for PIP. He is currently unable to work due to being injured in the workplace and is awaiting surgery on his back. He had a PIP assessment at home a week ago and has been turned down because he doesn't meet "their"criteria. He cannot stand for longer than 10 minutes, can't walk more than a few yards without his leg going numb,is in constant pain and has had to give up his activities which were walking/camping/anything outdoors. We supplied all of his medical notes/reports from the hospital/osteopaths etc He is also quite depressed as you can image... no job, no money and very limited job prospects in the future. Is it worth appealing the decision 
The assessor also asked him several times if my daughter's guide dog was a family pet. We told him quite explicitly that as my daughter is blind it is HER working guide dog and no one in the house has anything to do with the dog , eg taking it for a walk. 
I would be grateful for any advice as i know they try to trip you up with everything. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.