Please help esa accused me of fraud — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please help esa accused me of fraud

Options
Mortisha103
Mortisha103 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
ESA have accused me of misrepresentation for  £400 pension which had been in payment for 10 yrs and I paid tax on when they have made consistent and continuous mistakes,  misinforming hmrc of wrong figures etc said I was over paid £900 last year after many complaints they agreed 1 x £12 to be paid March this year back tracked taking £40 from benefits I can’t afford refuse to review my claim for the last 5 yrs now I’ve got a compliance interview which I don’t believe is appropriate- surely they should be he’s accountable it’s making my illness worse 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

A forum isn't the place for advice regarding this. You need to get face to face advice from your local welfare right, CAB or law centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mortisha103
    Mortisha103 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I can’t get to a cab hence asking on here - real equality 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I understand the difficulties people have getting outside but it's impossible to advise you because no one knows your case or your circumstances.

Do you have someone that can take you to an advice centre? Maybe try ringing them for advice over the phone?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi

First, Is this a compliance interveiw or an interveiw under caution ?
    It is impossible to give any advice without seeing the paperwork. As poppy says you really need to get trained advice
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Mortisha103 if i was you i get all papers you need and go to a solicitor to help you sort this out , and one thing i can say as they got to have the proof before it gos to the fraud team 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Username_removed they do not like solicitors,  it would look good that @Mortisha103 has seen someone for advice on all paperwork, they have got that is why i have suggested it,  but that is down to @Mortisha103
  • anna17
    anna17 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I had an compliance meeting and I took a friend with me. It was better as they could see u and have a different perspective of u and how u live ur life. My advice is take someone who knows u and can help support you with this. It really makes a difference. 
  • anna17
    anna17 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    But what if they took a close friend or family member with them. As support and to be there to help keep them claim. Would that not be allowed. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.