Doctors have not heard of pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Doctors have not heard of pip

Comments

• abrami
    abrami Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    My last word on this you have all misunderstanding what I said as a man of 68 who worked from age 15 son of immigrants parents have more than my share of illness arthritis/emphysema/had kidney removed last month and the ice ingredients on the cake terminal cancer .I had no intention of talking about this but as I have been attacked for my views thought I would put the record straight .never said everyone was a benefit cheet and as someone that is very grateful of NHS / benefit system and I think maybe people that did not know my circumstances also jumped to conclusion about me too shame on you. 
  • abrami
    He rather just to say I wish I had my health to and I would gladly hand back my benifits
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    You're the one that started your comment by talking about benefit cheats ... no one has jumped to any conclusions here. I'm also sorry to hear of your conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • C_Herath2009
    C_Herath2009 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    Join our club then as my son thinks he is being deported....Thanks and Sorry with a Brain Injury you just pushed all my Buttons ;i got the wrong end off the stick and i appologise my Dad is 80
    and still attempting to work part time to keep us afloat..So your in our Canoo minus a paddle ..I am sorry for you..
  • abrami
    Hearth thank you for apologie I can understand when life is hard it's hard hope things work out for you too.
    Poppy I said there where people cheating the system not EVERONE but you àre welcome to your opinion as am I.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Hi all I've just had my health professionals do things for me because I can't. I've just seen and I now read these reply's here regarding benefit cheats. I'm with others here regarding our situations health wise, I certainly would also give up my support and be able to do the jobs and life I used to have.

Iam adding the statistics showing that benefit fraud is very very small. Also anyone in there right mind would rather not claim because of all the hoops you have to go through to get what one is entitled too.

So as you can quite clealy see its minimal. So now I've shared this I'm now going to take my pills and rest.

Also to add people think before you type and especially what you type about as it's not right to offend anyone.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    @Government_needs_reform thanks for sharing that. Hope you're well! Enjoy your rest and take care!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • abrami
    I was not going to answer as I have asked to be unsubscribe but you parting shot is a cheep one when you say you hope I am well I did tell you I had terminal cancer and you say enjoy your rest and take care ! WELL MADAM OR SIR I hope when you are looking at YOUR last Xmas that people you come in contact with that don't happen to agree with you have more empathy than you poses I leave you with that thought I have wasted enough of my time trying to explain myself and have much better things on my bucket list that I should be dealing with . I wish you all a merry Xmas.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    abrami said:
    ...….not paying the right amount of tax on there business others working and claiming the list goes on . If all of this was not going on there would be no poverty in this country as the money would go to those in NEED not GREED .

Well, I'm 70 and my wife is 75. I still pay tax on all of my income except my state pension - yet I can't manage to claim any disability benefits because (a) I am too old (PIP finishes at 65) and (b) I am not ill, disabled enough to warrant carers looking after me.

So it seems that I am contributing to those that do claim benefits but I never complain about them illegal or legal and personally don't get anything in return.

Each to their own I say.
  • Yadnad
    Very few people claim benefits fraudulently and i'm not sure what insurance has to do with a benefits claim. You can't judge a by it's cover either and lots of people have invisible conditions/disabilities.
    few? meaning two or a couple?

I personally know of two that are actually working and claiming, one who has three hairdressing saloon/beauty shops yet discloses a profit of just above the minimum wage for the hours worked. (cash business and not knowing what to spend it on) one (a couple) who receives Standard Care of PIP and are over 60 who also claims Pension Credit and has an income close to £700 a week based on benefits and works in the black economy as a plumber.

Obviously I have no intention of naming names as the above information came by way of discussions I have had with them in the past and is confidential. .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    abrami said:
    I was not going to answer as I have asked to be unsubscribe
    You do not need to unsubscribe, simply close the tab and don't reopen it.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    @abrami if you read my comments when i said enjoy your rest and take care, i wasn't actually talking to you! I was talking to Government_needs reform, which is why i tagged that person, not yourself. Thanks.
  • poppy123456
    @Yadnad so if you're 100% sure on that, i'll assume you did what you should have done and reported them?
  • Yadnad
    Yes absolutely sure. Those families I have worked with over the past 3 years in my role as their local councillor. It would be unethical for me to pass this information on and if found that I have, trust in me would vanish.
    The cheekiest is the family where the wife runs the hairdressers shops.
    Prior to UC, they were claiming Tax credits for the children and themselves on the basis of a low income.
    Yet in one year spending £10,000 on a rolex watch for her, a £5000 diamond engagement ring and a new Range Rover Sport costing in excess of £70,000 (minus the p/x for the 3 year old model) + regular holidays abroad!

Some paid for in cash outright whilst the car (balance) and the watch were paid for on a friend's credit card where she handed over the equivalent amount in cash to cover the card payment (making the transactions for them, untraceable). 

People have no idea what actually goes on in real life.
    edited November 2018
    @Government_needs_reform thanks for sharing that. Hope you're well! Enjoy your rest and take care!

Thanks just seen you message @poppy123456 ??❤️just woke up for a bit and still not to good atmo. Thanks for caring I really feel sick today can't seem to feel right today, but I'm like that most days.?

Edited to add I'm glad those statistics was useful. Poppy??

@yadnad hope your well just caught up again on this thread it's really changed from what is was and as always you have some interesting story's to share with us ????? hope your keeping well, as for those getting all that money that's what really gets to me it really does.

No I certainly don't know what goes on these days I'm either stuck in, and only get a little gossip from my HPs that's it. Oh and from here of course.?
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    You certainly seem to mix with a lot of fraudsters Yadnad.  I guess that must have affected your outlook on life.

Back to the OP, you can ask for copies of letters sent from your consultant to your GP.  They may, or may not, be helpful with a PIP claim.  The most important evidence comes from you filling out the form properly.  Explain in your own words, with recent examples, what happens when you try to do the various activities that are asked about.  
  • poppy123456
    I love your humour @Government_needs_reform you always make me laugh. Take care now!
    edited November 2018
    I love your humour @Government_needs_reform you always make me laugh. Take care now!

@poppy123456 that's about the only thing I have left sometimes is my humour, glad I bring a smile to at least ones face???? you also keep are chin up because I don't want it falling down?

@Username_removed yes I also understand where your also coming from as I said I have consultants come to me at home "I don't really like talking about this stuff" I hope you understand a bit more why, plus I have other HPs keep an eye on me I'm on a special watch list because of things I've done to myself over the years, I should be dead by now which what I've done to myself, I've spent many time in institutions also and yes they do see how I live or not well in my case.

So for me I have so much **** going on in my head and added with all my physical problems, if you could see me you certainly would understand.

I did and had a great life before all my issues, accident's and things of the past not good.

⬇️

• poppy123456
    @Username_removed when going through a PIP review am i right in saying you did say that you can ask for an ongoing award?

Do i ask for this based on the medical evidence provided from community learning disabilities team that her conditions are life long, reports state the help/support she needs and how her conditions affect her. I value your advice please before i send the review forms in the next 2 days.
    @Government_needs_reform I’ve always said medical reports are of negligible use bar in LD and mental ill health cases. 

@Username_removed yes that makes more sense then as those reports explain everything in more detail plus added with the diagnosis I know it's not about the diagnosis? But there all part and parcel.

Poppy I hope mike gets back to you before sending that review form off. Good luck with it?
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.