Inaccurate PIP Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Inaccurate PIP Decision

Goten1988
Goten1988 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can anyone help just over 3 months ago I had surgery that saved my life I was diagnosed with crohns disease and now have iliostomy I suffer  with bad lower back pain and pains at the bottom of my feet and knees I also I have learning difficulties i was not awarded pip and the decision letter was inaccurate it was complete opposite to what I had said and what my partner had said as I did not understand what she was asking most of the time 

Comments

• Goten1988
    I was only awarded points for toilet apliance even tho I'm.in agony to the point I need help getting out Bath and bed occasionally and I do not go. Out the house due to being in pain self conscious and imbarrised even with my own family stressed all the time tiredness dizziness due to. Meds
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Goten1988 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear that your claim was unsuccessful. I would suggest you need to appeal.

You need to request a mandatory consideration.  We have lots of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website.

Which might be of interest to you.

Understand the anxiety and stress. Many of our community can identify what you are going through.  I would also advise speaking to CAB. I do know you do not go out but they very much can help with the appeals process.

One suggestion I have is to speak to ATOS if not happy with the report. Consider even speaking to your local MP .  Do know several of our community have done so,  Got a lot of positivity.  Something to look at.

Do you have any support.? 

May I also advise for any further advice and information regarding your Crohns .

I have details of a organisation could be useful.

https//:wwwcrohnsandcolitis.org.uk. 

0121 737 9931 for support.

0300 222 5700 for information

Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri/ 9am 5pm
    Thurs 9am/1pm.
    info@crohnsandcolitis.org.uk.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share

This forum is the right place for support, information, advice.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Goten1988
    They have extended my mandatory consideration and I am currently awaiting for a an apointment to see physiotherapist at the hospital for supporting evidence at the moment aswell as I have sent a diary of what my routine is and what I go through each week 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hi @Goten1988, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear this. It's great to hear you're being proactive and you have arranged your MR. Scope's guidance on DWP appeals may be helpful. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, the PIP acessment is not about your illnesses, disability but how you health conditions impact on your abilities to meet the PIP descriptors. You can have folders of medical evidence to support your diagnosis but at the end of the day it boils down to how you are able to cope managing the PIP descriptors.
  • Goten1988
    To be honest halfway through the home visit she was talking about my dogs and her dogs showing pictures of her dogs on her phone and It sort of confused me i couldn't remember what I had already told her she never read through what was said to Make sure everything was mentioned about what I go through on a daily basis so I just presumed I had covered everything with her 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.