I wanted to change mobility high — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I wanted to change mobility high

Albusaidy5
Albusaidy5 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
When I get letter from pip on last year their gave me enhanced rate of daily living needs and standard rate of mobility then last January 2018 I asked pip looked my award again then I got letter from pip In April 2018 their looked my claim, pip gave me aware enhanced rate of daily living needs and pip gave award standard rate mobility, I don't know what I do now only I need to get a enhanced rate of mobility, I got score for the mobility part of pip is 10 points and I got score for the daily living part pip is 20 point, only I need to getting more point of mobility Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You really need to get expert advice with this because people on a internet forum can't advise on any risk you have in losing your current award because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect you. Please contact your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    We are reading, seeing more and more posters requested information about getting enhanced PIP for mobility, they are just missing the enhanced rate maybe because they don’t meet the descriptors or they want the mobility car ? Who 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    wilko said:
    We are reading, seeing more and more posters requested information about getting enhanced PIP for mobility, they are just missing the enhanced rate maybe because they don’t meet the descriptors or they want the mobility car ? Who 
    It can't really be for the £30 odd if you want to gamble your whole award.
    Maybe it is the Motability car. Personally I wouldn't have one gift wrapped. I have had three of them since 2013 and every one had to be repossessed after just about a year.
    Either buy or lease your own - that way it will never be taken off you unless you fail to pay the finance.

In my case I manage now with buses, trains & taxis. + friends and family chip in when needed. It's one less worry. We are off to Brighton on Thursday for a couple of days away. Lovely hotel right on the front and the train takes just as long to get there as driving would take. 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    For information, the Mobility Fleet of cars is the biggest in the world so I have been told, recently read that over half of blue badge holders are missusing their badge privileges. I often wonder if the Blue Badge holders could make a point to certain councils of having to pay for parking even in a disability bays, parked on the streets for the three hour periods as a protest.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    For information, the Mobility Fleet of cars is the biggest in the world so I have been told, recently read that over half of blue badge holders are missusing their badge privileges. I often wonder if the Blue Badge holders could make a point to certain councils of having to pay for parking even in a disability bays, parked on the streets for the three hour periods as a protest.
    That brings back happy memories.

When I used to drive before the last Motability car went back earlier this year along with the Blue Badge, I too refused to pay in any car park instead I used the 3 hours rule for double yellows. 
    Sometimes it was far more convenient to park on the road than it was to park up in a car park.

I only did this after seeing how much my council rake in in parking fees. Then they tell you that it will be reinvested. To this day I have never had a clear answer as to where 100% of the fees collected actually ended up.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.