pip assessors decision in regards to application pip for osteoarthritis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessors decision in regards to application pip for osteoarthritis

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 58 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Where did you get that from?
    Are you suggesting that the DWP are no longer looking at the individual but instead are putting their diagnosis/symptoms into those three categories?
  • donald
    donald Community member Posts: 15 Listener
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @danb I really would not worry about that information in that link as the information is to do with DLA and is from 2007, as you been asked to move to PIP it's a functional test and how it affects you.

Its not just about he diagnosis of your illness or disability's..
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You are not required to perform any activity without pain but any pain you do feel should be taken into consideration. Make good use of the Safely, Repeatedly, To an acceptable standard and for the majority of time criteria
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    danb said:
    So the functional tests is can you lift  your foot 5cm from the floor can you move your head side to side front to back this determines what exactly

Pretty much that?

So it's how it will affect you on a majority of days throughout the year, over 50% of the time taking into account safely, repeatedly acceptable standered. You get where I'm going with this, also as DLA was done on a 24hr, ie Day & Night needs. 

PIP is done on the majority of days throughout a week or year not based on Day or Night needs. Confusing I know.

I was on DLA and had to go though all this caper too.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    danb said:
    What you have quoted is the old system of categorising people depending on their condition for DLA. It has absolutely nothing to do with PIP.
  • Yadnad
    You are not required to perform any activity without pain but any pain you do feel should be taken into consideration. Make good use of the Safely, Repeatedly, To an acceptable standard and for the majority of time criteria
    It is highly unlikely that you will get away using that excuse at a face to face assessment. I was warned when I was asked to squat which I said was impossible due to pain that I could be said to not be co-operating with the assessor!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.