How long for a pip decision - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a pip decision

Comments

• wizzwoz
    wizzwoz Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Tardis said:
    Yes, you do need to ring them, but they should send it out straight away.  It's just in NI they don't, the rest of the UK they do.
    Thankyou Tardis i rang the DWP this afternoon and i requested my assessment report the man said hes going to send it out asap.so fingers crossed?? my house is all addappted has loads of aids rails ramps the lot so hopefuly ill get aworded it i was on medum rate care n high rate mobility on DLA n my care n condition has chainged for the worce so hopefuly ill get enhanced rate of both but ill have to wait n see
    Just asking if i receave the same on pip can i ask for a reconsideration for enhanced rate of care as i need care round the clock.or would i loose it all or would i loose points? Because my daughter whos my carer said she would appeal if i only get standerd rate of care 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are unhappy with your award, first is to request an MR.
    It is possible for an award to be down graded or lost all together
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wizzwoz
    Ok thankyou for your advice ill keep that in mind you have all been most helpful thankyou 
  • sahara01
    sahara01 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Had my home assessments Monday 
    Called today for a copy of my report which I've been informed I should receive next Thursday /Friday 
  • Gecko
    Gecko Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Wow I didn’t realise it would take up to 8 weeks for a decision!
    My application went in in June (mainly for daily living) and I heard very quickly re having a face to face and enough time to arrange for a support worker to attend with me. I can’t really go out on my own due to PTS symptoms including dissociation/derealisation so I couldn’t go on my own. Day before the appointment the S/w had to cancel. I had to phone the assessment ppl to ask to rearrange.There was then what to me seemed like a completely Kafkaesque situation where they said I had to miss the assessment then wait two days and ring up again, they would then put me through to DWP and I could tell them why I had missed it. In the meantime my file would be sent back to the DWP. They would make a decision on whether to agree to another appointment for an assessment. So I did that and was told the DWP would now wait to get my file back and would then decide whether I had a good reason for missing my assessment. They said if we agree you did, we will then send your file back to the assessment ppl and tell them to send you a new appointment. The first I would hear would be getting an appointment in the post. Well that was August so I ended up forgetting all about it and thinking they must have decided not. I was on the verge of making a new claim when I suddenly got an appointment for 21 Nov. So with that out of the way how long will I expect to wait to hear about their decision? Also, will it be backdated to June? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no time scales for any decision. Backlogs is just one reason that can delay it. Ring and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report. If you live in the UK then you can have the report before a decision is made.

If you're transferring from DLA then there's no backdated money. If it's a first time claim then yes it's backdated to the date you rang to start the claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wizzwoz
    ourvoices said:

Hi Everybody, @Wildlife knows how I (and many of us) feel aggrieved by this process.

I am currently putting together a complaint to Atos about my own personal experience.

Unfortunately, it is very true to say that all the evidence is not always considered.  Since obtaining a copy of my own assessment report, I have discovered that a number of things the Health Professional (HP) reported were not factual or were incorrect.

Personally, I felt like the opinions were based on which bits of evidence fitted the descriptor that awarded the least points.  For example, I said that I can occasionally walk short distances and that I am a wheelchair user.  This was corroborated by the HP at the assessment and by my consultant. 

I was awarded 10 points - "I have decided you can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20m but no more than 50m"

Being flippant - maybe they considered my wheelchair to be a fashion statement and that it is my personal choice not to walk.

I have submitted a Mandatory Reconsideration refuting this (and other decisions).

So, I will complain to Atos, the DWP........

(and to our MPs on behalf of everyone).

Hi im sorry to read this
    I had simler the HP who done my ftf assessment that lasted 22 minutes 
    She asked me 10 questions i awnserd them in alot of pain ect i too whent in my wheelchair as i cannot walk..the assessor also lied and fabricated about 2 questions she had asked me also controdicted her self twice.but also kindly suported me in outher words sticking up for me..whitch i found confusein ?plus when i added up the points i got 31 points ? 12 for mobility n 19 for care do they add them all together or sepritely what would i been aworderd? I dont understand how tjey work it out
  • poppy123456
    It's the points recommendation you need to look at. They don't add the points together for daily living and mobility, it's separate for each. The points that have been recommended for you, 12 for mobility and 19 for daily living means a recommendation for Enhanced for both parts. The points needs for an award for Enhanced is 12 points for daily living and 12 for mobility.

The easiest way to understand it is to look at the report with all the dots/ticks and transfer those into this PIP self test. At the end of the test it will tell you what the points are for each part. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Remember the report is just a recommendation but the decision maker usually goes with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sahara01
    I received my report yesterday after requesting it on Friday (had my home assessment last Monday) after counting the points I have 12 points for each however I totally disagree with a lot of what the report says. She has failed to include a lot of very vital info plus she has denied I have certain things which is in my medical notes with my GP
    Plus hasn't added ALL my medication even although she had a scripted list 
    Also only listed a couple of my medical conditions yet I have about 30 and am under 5 hospitals.. I really am not happy about the fact a lot of the report is incorrect on principle 
  • sahara01
    There's nothing more annoying about the fact you have been diagnosed with certain conditions - suffering continuously with the symptoms only for an assessor to deny you even have it. I think my GP and consultants clearly know better yet it is being denied..
  • poppy123456
    sahara01 said:
    I received my report yesterday after requesting it on Friday (had my home assessment last Monday) after counting the points I have 12 points for each however I totally disagree with a lot of what the report says. She has failed to include a lot of very vital info plus she has denied I have certain things which is in my medical notes with my GP
    Plus hasn't added ALL my medication even although she had a scripted list 
    Also only listed a couple of my medical conditions yet I have about 30 and am under 5 hospitals.. I really am not happy about the fact a lot of the report is incorrect on principle 
    As the recommendations are Enhanced for both then the last thing you want to do is rock the boat because you're unhappy with things that weren't written in the report. If the decision is Enhanced for both parts then it would be ridiculous to take it further because of what's not written in the report. Doing so could lose you everything.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, and taking medication won't score you anymore points.
  • sahara01
    Thanks I'm aware of that and the last thing I want to do is rock the boat. 
    It's just annoying when you have certain conditions which they are denying.
    Im just so glad it appears I have made it JUST as I was on enhanced for both whilst on dla although it's obviously dwp who makes the final decision
    I won't be saying anything obviously unless the decision is ruled against me and I need to request an MR
    My support worker was there so I have a witness . 

• poppy123456
    It's rare for them to go against the report but of course you'll need to wait for the decision. Decision times can be anything up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • sahara01
    Yes it's doubtful they will go against it but u just never know 
    Nothing is ever guaranteed until you get it in writing 
    As previously mentioned the assessor told me 6 weeks but will just have to wait and see 
  • wizzwoz
    It's the points recommendation you need to look at. They don't add the points together for daily living and mobility, it's separate for each. The points that have been recommended for you, 12 for mobility and 19 for daily living means a recommendation for Enhanced for both parts. The points needs for an award for Enhanced is 12 points for daily living and 12 for mobility.

The easiest way to understand it is to look at the report with all the dots/ticks and transfer those into this PIP self test. At the end of the test it will tell you what the points are for each part. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Remember the report is just a recommendation but the decision maker usually goes with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision.

Thankyou i have done that already 19 for daily liveing and 12 for mobility by 1 point 
  • wizzwoz
    Hi @thedarkknight,

It can take between six to eight weeks to find out the result of a PIP assessment. However, if you need to find out more about the status of your claim, then the contact info for ongoing claims is 0345 850 3322.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Hi Liam0 Dell 
    I had my ftf on 7th november 18 i receaved a text from DWP the next day at 12 noon to tell me they had receaved the assessors report and i will hear from them with a decsion within 6 weeks.
    I rang them 3 weeks later and asked for a coppy of the report and i receaved that 3 days later.
    I rang them 4 days befor christmas eve n asked why i have not receaved a decsition yet and the officer told me they have not yet made a decsition yet ? then why send me a text saying within 6 weeks ill get a decsition
    I still have not herd nouthing from them and its comeing up 9 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    @wizzwoz the timescale is just a guide, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. With the Christmas closing days is will have delayed it further. The report will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the recommendations in there.
  • wizzwoz
    Oh right thankyou
    I got 12 for the mobility and 19 for the daily liveing
    Do they still carry on paying you untill your dection letter arrives?
    Also if the money has gone up do they back date it from when the ftf assessment report was receaved? 
  • wizzwoz
    joyclyn said:
    I don't personally   I have suffered many years .on DLA  years now after pip  I got no points  iromic
    Hi joyclyn,sorry to read this its shamefull.im all for the ftf myself as anyone can milk a form thats why DWP chainged the way they do things.its these people who milk n lie about there condition and us genuine people with life lobg suffering suffer the most.
    But thats just bad that you got 0 points?
    I whent to a ftf and my Assessor was verry nice 
    When i receaved my report the HP contedicted them selves twice and lied when askinging me two questions about the awnsers i gave them.it seamed like they were supportive one minute n against me the next spellings were **** and some sentences did not make sence? but i got 12 on one part and 19 on the outher.
    But i read if people complain about the lies ect you loose your points or get it removed.
    Thats so rong 
    I hope u fight your case because u are entiteld to your money x
  • wizzwoz
     assessment on Wednesday when do you think I should call them to get my decision and how to get recall and tell me please if they've already deleted it in Medway
    Hi lisabrazil80
    I had my ftf on 7th november 18
    Got a text from DWP the next day 8th saying they had receaved my assessment report along with stating i would hear from them within 6 weeks
    On the 4th week i rang them and asked for a coppy of my assessment report that took 2 days to arrive
    Its now 7th january 19 and still no decition has been made hopefuly ill hear somthing soon from the time they sent me my pip form to fill in wich was 14th august untill now has been 6 months it said 14 weeks from start to fnish thats with Atos
    So just keep ringing them

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.