Failed ESA medical but awarded advanced pip & mobility in between being deemed fit for work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed ESA medical but awarded advanced pip & mobility in between being deemed fit for work

sinead88
sinead88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i have been on esa for about 5 months due to angxiety post traumatic stress sleep problems ocd and needing some intense CBDT I’m under mental health and waiting to start therapy and take medications I had an assessment begins of November and just been notified I’ve been deemed fit for work my current sick note isn’t due to run out till the end off the month and I’ve just been awarded pip & mobility payments in between being deemed fit for work how can one say I’m currently not fit for work then another say I am I had plenty of supporting evidence wich was put in with my pip claim and she spoke to my mental health worker yet when I went for a medical for esa I’ve just been took off esa and deemed fit for work sending me in to an even worse state now having to try and sort it out and information would be gravely appropriated 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

You should ask for a mandatory reconsideration, If you have further evidence then you should send it. MR's don't have a good success rate so be prepared to appeal to the tribunal
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sinead88, and a warm welcome to the community!

I hope the above advice is helpful, and best of luck with your appeal. Do let us know if we can be of further assistance.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sinead88

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I’m very very sorry ? 2 read your post.

Yes both “PIP & ESA” are 2 different benefits in there own right’s.

There are other members who have/are going through the same situation as yourself.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.