Appealing losing my mobility car — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing losing my mobility car

welshrarebird
welshrarebird Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’m distraught as it’s been decided to take me off the highest rate of disability so I loose my mobility car.  Obviously I am appealing but it is very stressful. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @welshrarebird, and a warm welcome to the community!

Oh I'm sorry to hear this, particularly about how upsetting you're finding it. Please do let us know if we can be of any assistance. We have lots of experienced community members who will hopefully be able to advise too.
  • welshrarebird
    welshrarebird Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I’ve been told I have to write in listing everything I am disputing in the assessment report.  Unsure of how much detail I should write.  Feel I perhaps shouldn’t make it too longwinded but do disagree with practically all of it.  Am awaiting reports to arrive from my consultants which I hope will make things obvious to them.  Should I send a letter before receiving them or wait for them to arrive as timescale is very tight?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Presumably this is for an MR
    Send any relevant evidence that you have and if you are waiting for more tell them you will be submitting further evidence and ask that they wait for it before making a new decision
    Do not miss the dead line, if necessary ring a day or two before the deadline to make sure they have your request at which time you can ask for an MR over the phone.
    Although it is important to address the issues with the report, your main focus should be on showing how and why you meet the criteria giving examples of what happens when you attempt an activity.
    Success rates at MR are around 18% so be prepared to appeal to the tribunal. Don't hold back any evidence in case you have to appeal, always present your strongest as soon as you can, you do not need to find more evidence for the tribunal
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate an MR submission letter.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m distraught as it’s been decided to take me off the highest rate of disability so I loose my mobility car.  Obviously I am appealing but it is very stressful. 
    I've had three Motability cars taken off me in the past 5 years. I know how you feel. I gave up in the end - couldn't stand the thought of having to fight the decision every other year. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m sorry to hear that. 
    Send them all the necessary evidence. Don’t forget the deadline. Focus on your disability and how your disability affects your ability to do things independently as well. In your case walking independently.
    When you have gathered all the evidence needed politely request a mandatory reconsideration over the phone. Give relevant examples. Lay out all the facts that are important. 
    Speak slowly. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m sorry to hear that. 
    Send them all the necessary evidence. Don’t forget the deadline. Focus on your disability and how your disability affects your ability to do things independently as well. In your case walking independently.
    When you have gathered all the evidence needed politely request a mandatory reconsideration over the phone. Give relevant examples. Lay out all the facts that are important. 
    Speak slowly. 
    You do know that there is only an 18 in 100 chance of getting the correct award at the MR stage?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.