PIP mandatory reconsideration. How long should they take? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration. How long should they take?

Debs55
Debs55 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
hello
i was on enhanced PIP for both care and mobility. Following an assessment that was full of faults I sent in a MR letter of 5 pages, I couldn’t make it any shorter and hope this document will be the one I can use to appeal if I have to. Has anyone had any positive experience with MR’s?  I rang after 4 weeks and was told it was with a decision maker in a long queue. I have involved my map but I’m not sure if that will make any difference.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    There's no time scales to decisions. Only 18% of MR decisions change. I'm not sure what your local MP can do at this stage because they don't usually know anything about PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debs55
    hi
    The MP emailed my MR to the DWP and requested a copy of the medical report and they acknowledged receipt the next day.  I don’t think they will be a lot of help but it doesn’t do any harm asking.  Thanks.
  • Polly2
    Polly2 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    My MR took 9 weeks for a decision, had an intial text saying i would hear in 6weeks. But as there is no time limit its a waiting game. My outcome was positive but from what i have read its rare. Prepare for tribunal but hope for the best 
  • MariLondon50
    MariLondon50 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    My MR took 11 weeks
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I've had three MR's. (2013, 2015 and 2017)
    The first two saw the decision change from 0 points to enhanced care & mobility. The third was no change so by this time I had had enough. Never been to the appeal tribunal - there was no need to.

You may be lucky and get it changed back up to what you had before and even luckier and get a 10 year award. These 3 year awards are ridiculous.

• Debs55
    Thanks for replying. I got the 3 year award but it's a joke cos they review it a year early. I'm just praying the MR works but if it doesn't I'm definitely appealing  I will keep you updated. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.