DOES ANYBODY FEEL LIKE THIS ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DOES ANYBODY FEEL LIKE THIS ?

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hell every body just a thought does anybody feel like this?.  Since waking up most mornings. I would sit and watch morning TV.

Usually Breakfast programmes. Start a suddenly sit. Watching all the news items and features.  Got depressed and down.

Go and leave it on go about morning stuff. Like we do by the time made Breakfast so sad and depressed have no urge to do anything .

All the sadness and gloom sinking into my minds , thoughts.

Sometimes just laying in the bath what is happening to me. Here I can not cope with unpleasantness, sadness, tragedy all permeating my brain has to be that.

I come on here to greet you lovely people and feel better some how again. Thank you for that.

So the decision I make is got to adapt and change my mornings.  Going to bed earlier. Most nights siting up late in a cold room fears to sleep.

Now up early . Put Classic FM on. Because I need to be positive and try to get my moods out of the blues. Have to start.  No more news.  Will glance at webpages .

Look for positive, upbeat stories. So days much negativity.

Have a power breakfast sunshine down the line here.  Because I need to share and try to inspire others.

Having a mental health condition is not all about the medicine. It is my believe to try to cope with an illness only you can understand.

Watching negativity every morning out of the window from now on. Being aware also morning TV . Have these doom and gloom programmes all morning. About crime, and the harsh realities in neighbourhoods.

Do we need to see these.? Yes there are problems, issues but if it scaring and making members of our community frighten to venture out.

Not for me. Where are the feel good films, programmes on TV.  So much down beat, scary, frightening programmes.  EastEnders Trailer had me shaking. I am a gent not a wuss but that is really do we need to see these programmes, but really is that good for our mental well being.

Ending up watching my food programmes because they make me feel good and up lifting. Even the other day watching Travel Programmes sun and places of interest.

B.B.C Four has some excellent programmes debates and positivity.

Even now TV is I know is changing for the worse.  All bad language and upsetting scenes.  Understand have a TV supposed to educate , entertain and learn. Yet my Christian values are put to the test. By the amount of disturbing TV and associated other media.

All I can add is my new routine and in the morning through the day is I believe helping me.

Is this just me?  About the news and media.

Love to hear your comments 

Thank you

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @thespiceman I understand what your saying, I don’t even put the tv on til nighttime, then try to avoid sad issues. It’s very difficult because it seems that’s all that’s on tv. I like watching Man v Food but it makes me hungry lol.

I deleted Facebook for that reason too, everybody has this wonderful happy life on there and it worsened my MH, the only thing I go on  online is this forum as we all have compassion and understanding for each other. 

Your remedy in just listening to the radio sounds like a positive step.

Take Care
  • thespiceman
    Hello @susan48 Thank you for reply. Just thought mention it all. Understand everything you are saying.

What gets to me have source of education, learning and entertainment.

About 500 channels most utter rubbish and then there is me scrolling since buying TV.  My new one.

Looking for positive, sunshine, feel good programmes.  Nothing on .

Used to watch Master chef liked the programme. Now I am shouting at the screen at dumb stupid celebs who burn water. I am getting Mr Angry.

Got all this fame and talent. Where I wonder.?  A real star died yesterday Burt Reynolds .

All of us who have Christian values are getting is worked up and angry over negative pertinacious people who would probably go to the opening of their own fridge.

If they could . With a photo on the web page next morning.

Met so many real stars and celebs from a time long a go.  All lovely, kind and appreciative of their talents but used their wealth and knowledge to help others.  Either charity work or be supportive .

The days of collecting, being a dealer and my music history.

Do not see that now and it is scary, frightening.  I maybe not alone here in these thoughts.

Strictly on and have the Saturday night sorted looking to the  fake tan, glitters, sparkles I do not know anybody. What do they do and why am I being so negative.?

So depressing to hear of other people lifestyles. He opened a paper bag wow. Now on TV he knows how to do that.

Am not jealous or insecure but see those so called celebs on the quiz show Impossible how boring and not funny to see so called celebs . Can not answer simple questions a ten year old could answer.

Have all this money for doing what ?  You and me my friend could take on the lot and win.

I believe yes there are things you can do to benefit ones self and well being.  Always to help a friend.

Classic FM recently showed the increase of people listening.  Got it on now and it is not all high brow stuff.

Classical Music remember is not about  the classics does have some others and I have found only brings me up to a cheerful morning for the start of the day. Got Italian Arias, Opera, current Film Music.  Lots more.

Has a programme dedicated to that Film Music on Saturdays.  Bernstein who composed West side Story.

I like coming on here of course all helps we inspire each other. Thank you for that.

Being understanding, patience, tolerance all good qualities we all of us share.

Like you comments on food programmes am the same. Gives me some hope and ideas I can do that.

Always in thoughts and prayers.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • susan48
    @thespiceman, there is so much stupid tv, reality shows really annoy me.
    Do you like reading? I used to love to escape in a good book but my MH won’t allow this anymore, not concentration  so end up reading the first paragraph repeatedly, so Iv given up. 
    Having too anxiety and depression I really do understand, my savour is my 2year old collie , he needs walks so that’s my daily routine, even if it’s raining.

• Markinsutton
    Markinsutton Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering

Hi @thespiceman I hear you pain. I used to enjoy watching morning TV catching up with the news but lately it does seem that all news is gloom and doom. Its one of the reasons why I liked watching the Last Leg on Fridays as they look at the subjects but in a funny and positive way. Its how I catch up with news. Also watch Gogglebox that I glad to say that is returning tonight yay. I am not a great lover of TV and most of my viewing is done on box sets. I was watching BBC four the other day on AI artificial intelligence the other day and really enjoyed that as technology is something that really interests me especially when it comes to using tech to enable disabled people to  achieve more.

Over the years my mental health has been up and down too much even from a day by day process. The one constant for me has been music, I got myself an amazon echo that I totally love when she understands my speech LOL but even when she comes back with funny things I have asked its made me giggle and get frustrated at the same time. After losing the ability to work full time I have tried to keep my morning routine the same but find myself days I am not at work reaching for the pain relief too much and totally regret doing it afterwards as I just feel totally spaced out  and unable to do anything.

Religion has been an important part of my life and often wonder if I have the strength to carry on. I also echo @susan48 feelings about facebook however I am that person who only ever posts when there is something positive to say, so from the outside it must look like my world is always perfect when it is far from that, they say positivity breads positivity but not sure that’s true all the time. I used to post everything but then it got too much dealing with everyone having their own opinion,  so I came off facebook for a very long time and only go on about once a week now, same as I used to do on here for the same reason. It’s a real battle to get the balance on the one hand I didn’t/don’t like saying all the messages about the people losing ESA and PIP and having my own battles trying to prove my disabilities I felt like it would never end. Walking that knife edge of feeling that you have got to grips of what you can do, mentally or physically, one small thing changes to tear it all apart.

I offer one last thought is we are not alone and this gives me a reason to try and snap out of the down days.

• thespiceman
    Hello my friend @susan48 Thank you useful suggestions.

Just joined Amazon bit confused about the site. Have and started on line shopping.

Sometimes need to find what is right for me and always grateful to any suggestions thank you.   You always help much appreciated.

I know need another hobby or interest. Like my puzzle word games love all that.

An aspect of my mental health is get disturbed by TV some of the programmes. Add to that books as well. Have to be selective.

Back to looking what is helping me.  Will go onto Amazon and TESCO plus others see what there is.

Your dog sounds wonderful. Used to do dog walking for others who had pets and could not manage.

Then I left the area and now really find it a struggle walking.

Good for you to have a pet does help. Unfortunately my level of anxiety have concern, care for an animal.

Last time had problems and also got wound up with a animal in the house. Causing me more anxiety.  

Just like being clean neat and tidy.

Good to hear from you..

Speak soon

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @thespiceman Honestly I have ditch the TV a few years ago because of all the utter rubbish on it, I now also save £150 a year a i certainly do not require a TV license anymore and I have informed them of this and I get know issues from them amd now a £150 better off. Lol

Puzzles are good also meditation helps my sole, and surprisingly enough listen I to whale,sea and other chilling relaxing music does it for me.

Chess or draughts is a good one too.

Yes I helps but living with the extent of the DWP pressure it's very hard to relax not knowing when the next load of grief is coming.

Take care and try the meditation.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• thespiceman
    Hello @Markinsutton My friend thank you for reply.

I understand about everything.  I want to say to you am here anytime you wish or want to talk to me.

Can be difficult and not easy days to deal with anything.

I have also know the struggles and problems of either pain or mental health.

Understand this need sometimes to say what is troubling me.

The community is a place to give you support. Give you some space to think and have thoughts.  Be positive, have inspirations.

The community is also a place to debate and discuss what is often confusing and complex issues.

I know every  morning feel the need to speak or share with others.

Happy to do so.

Mornings do go quick. I think also what is probably concerning my self is the thoughts of Autumn and Winter.

Another year gone.  Looking and thinking of achievements little aspects of our lives need to share become a important part.  For living. 

All I can say .

I know we as a community have endured so much the last few years or more. I feel we need to try to give others and become a lifeline to instil positivity.

Please always here to listen to you. You are not alone. 

Good to share.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Government_needs_reform Thank you for you reply and support.

You have changed your name was a joke at the end was it not.

Now reform all good to hear by the way.

Understand the need to ditch TV. Only bought a new one because do use it for education, learning and my Radio.

I do meditation as in prayers for morning and evening.    My prayers are seem to be getting bit longer for all those I care about on the forum . Plus one or two others.

Have been Christian a long time, do not go to Church.

There rules and there are no rules in religion.  My opinion hence the time I spent trying to be part of something I am not welcome.

Always feel the need to relax and meditate.  Deep breathing and try to block out the horrors outside.

Like the Whales and all that sounds and noises had some of those.  On CD.  Probably gave it away do that being honest and open again.  Give to people borrow this or lend this and never get it back.

Forget it.  If they can not be decent and kind and give it back. There problem not mine.  After all I have done for people.

All I can  do is being supportive and gentle, kind and with a sensitive ear to anybody who needs it.

More problems and issues in this country meet no one like me. Except on here. Good Christian Values.

Often a source of my grumbles. 

My posts. Being Life President of the Grumpy Old Man Club.

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • susan48
    @thespiceman your absolutely NOT a grumpy okay man, your amazing.

I do struggle with my dog, leaving him alone when I need to attend appointments brings anxiety, I do sometimes think of rehoming him when it gets too much but he’s the reason I get up every day.
     you do a fantastic job on this site so thank you for that.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @susan48 Thank you for kind words and support.

Sorry about you dog.  Understand that.  Thanks for sharing.

Thought I post this discussion. I know there are others like myself.

So thank you all for contributing. Much appreciated.

Speak soon I hope when ever you wish to.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited December 2018
    Hi,

No, within the degree... Maybe, you shouldn't be all the time positive about something that doesn't satisfy you or makes you bored. If it's the causality then there's no need to solve the symptoms, instead. It's just a consciousness and, in the end, it can potentially bring positive changes. I don't think that you should give up and think that your life must be as it's. You started well, you joined some people and now should keep carrying on. If you can find some active interests and whatever is your real interest, then it helps. I stopped watching Tv (13 years ago), don't use any alcohol (I drunk 1-2 in 10 years), I experimented (tried) but don't keep with weed (12 years), I spend rather of my free time behind a computer but it's incredibly rare (once per years) to find me playing any game. Just, in a pragmatic manner, I realized that any passive activity doesn't satisfy me like the real things, all the time thinking about it and this destroyed all the fun. Tv, games, etc don't look like the stuff from a real life that you miss. Perhaps, you've got some wills and idea about an active interest... I don't wanna sound like a "materialist", but that's it.

Best regards
    You can feel free to get in touch 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @vysvader Thank you for replying to my post.

While ago that was.  Any way have changed since then. In so many ways.

I agree a lot of what you say. I do and continue to do so use the media or TV for educational purposes.

Understand and do find the right balance of watching feel good TV if I can find it.

I also object to seeing anything that does cause me depression.  Causes me harm mentally and continue to have the handset on mute.

Especially the channels with so many wall to wall commercials on exploiting wealth and luxuries.

We all of us have choices.

I admire anyone who does not watch TV have skills, talents to do other things.  Met a few since joining some support groups.

Unfortunately had issues with many of the people because they want to dumbing down activities and I wanted to do activities.. Cultural and educational.

I do not exactly wish to visit a pub and have get hammered. As they all wanted to do. Especially my health history being a former alcoholic.

I wanted to go to an Art Gallery or Museum have a lunch. Many of these places have excellent restaurants, bistros lovely food. After having a look around.

Followed by a walk.  Ended up counted out and lonely so I left. I would be angry and annoyed but it was it worth getting hassle.  From members so I left.

I know and like myself much more since writing that post in September.

Always will and do will consider looking how to stop myself feeling lonely.

This helps.  Understand taking to the community. Need and want to sound positive.

Every day is different but it is finding what helps you mentally to survive.

Pleasure to talk to you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Username_removed Thanks for replying to my post.

I agree with want you say about the sudden need and want desire for to know everything.

I recall one time in a job and this lady in a office stressed what is your favourite soap.

Soap well I meekly replied that is a bit personal. I do not know what to add.

I use well do not really want to share. I suppose the supermarkets own brand is good.

No she howled the soap on the telly. Soap on the telly what cleaning products.  Get some good ones to clean the dust of the TV.

Still laughing, do you not watch Coronation Street, Brookside , East enders and Emmerdale.

What are those then explained to me in a howls of laughter.

Why would I watch something like that. Could make me ill, depressed, anxious and mentally disturb me. As she described in vivid detail some of the plot lines.

Need to say more.

Had a former friend one day now for some chat all you could hear was his phone going off.  Getting text alerts for some silly programme.  Updates and the rest why I added.

I wonder some times.

Already the TV channels bombarded with trailers for C word day programmes is this necessary. Every year in fact it is every day in some cases.

Please how many more times.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
  • vysvader
    edited December 2018
    Yep, I'd heard, in many times and people stories like: "I watch the Game of Thrones because all of my colleges (including the boss) speak only about it and it might cost my graduation if I don't know what to talk about" : ), or so on. Of course, I can understand it, just, I see that the TV programmes don't offer any relevancy, with a Tv, we can't really choose any quality and relevant content. In the past, it was very difficult to reach knowledge and there was almost no science, but they picked up the good and relevant knowledge. The last one generation growing up without a Tv, they didn't have got any computers, modern strong technique, or even proper science, and had got fewer general knowledge. Meantime, they were able to fly to the Moon and build developed countries from a total wildness, from nothing. In theory, we could more if people don't watch at celebrities, or reality shows, else live (instead of own interests), etc. 

It's not just commercial, educational, etc. The concept was introduced in antique times when governments realized that games (like sport, gladiator fights, etc), theatre, or any other shows took the wind out of the rebel sails, so if they gave people gladiators then fewer people spoke about corruption, and other crimes because the main topic for masses was already there, people liked it, meanwhile, the rulers gave a voice only trusted people, spread own messages. Even the philosophy, even the best one, Socrates was a disabled (totally blind and schizofrenic) homeless talking to himself on the street, thereafter on a stage directly to people, later, prized (by the government) as the smartest philosophist of Athens. But killed afterwards, for his speech.
    And, now, we've got a Tv and radio.

@thespiceman
    I remember one guy having all the time meetings with others of the same interests. Sometimes, it was someone who came on a launch into his house to talk about the "game design", digital art, chess, and so on... He found all of them just via the internet, websites like the meetup.com, etc. If they shared interests, they understood each other. I know many people getting in touch via the internet... and, it often works.

In the UK are 3 million Europeans and came rather without any companions. But all the time and incredibly fast, if they want then they find society because all of them are in the same situations, very available... There are some extraordinary factors causing a brutal, almost "diametral" average deviation, many factors. You can find the factors and, analogically, apply in a different environment. 

Best regards,
    J. Vysvader
  • annetteR
    annetteR Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I feel like this ALL the time, gradually getting worse and worse. 
    HATE speaking about problems because when you say them out loud they're real.
    Also wouldnt know where on earth to start.
    HATE the person ive became
  • thespiceman
    Hello @annetteR   Pleased to meet you.  Thank you for replying to my post.

Sorry what you are going through.  The main reason I wrote this was because so many members are going through difficulties and emotional hardships every day.

I would like to be very much understanding how I as a member help and offer any guidance.

I know every one has skills, talent qualities they like about them selves or can and do attain.

Also we have certain attributes we dislike about our selves it is how can change those and make adaptions to every day life.

Have to tell my self did have those days like your good self hated the person I am and what has happened. My body changed and so did I mentally.

So what and how can we make ourselves different.

One thing learnt is finding the support and help to make those changes. Speak to the Doctors . Have and did use counselling .  Talk advice and information about after the addiction I had where to go.

So the path is littered with stones, obstacles we can throw in the way or can we go around them.

So embarked on a crusade to sort myself out. Got a A4 pads wrote down everything I hate myself, my life story problems and issues. All in a big folder.

Then destroyed the lot by shredding. Then on to wellbeing service looking at lifestyle changes and informed certain people who were users and abusers got rid of them. Found God and Jesus my own way no church done that.

Got support from various charities, new clothes and new me. Moved away all in ten years or more.  Plus haircut and make my way in to the world again. Healthy and more wise.

On here now community champion advising new members.

So my question is to you my friend.

Make some plans get a diary make some goals do some aims. Do some brain storming how silly the ideas do them or put them down.

We have this life and we have to make the best of it. Remember it is small steps.

Add to that have spent last thirty years being an alcoholic messed up my life . Now is the best time.

Yes am and have bad days, who does not we all do but need to use what I have learnt to educate myself .

Always here to listen but you are the most important person in your life. You have friends we all do but the best friend is really you.

Be kind to yourself. Have and find you will discover you.

One final point. I am here anytime you wish to ask anything.

Always in my thoughts.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annetteR, I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling. You've made a really important first step by sharing this with us and I hope you find support and comfort in being a part of our community. I wonder if you've considered talking to your GP about how you're feeling?
  • vysvader
    edited December 2018
    Hiya, @annetteR

That's quite interesting. Also, the creativity. Please, can you continue? Tell me more.

Brightness