Gastroparesis? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gastroparesis?

molmos
molmos Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have been struggling with chronic pain and other symptoms for years now. I have been officially diagnosed with migraines a month ago and I am waiting for a rheumatology referral to look for possible hEDS and a pelvic ultrasound for pelvic pain. I struggle with symptoms that seem like mast cell activation (facial flushing and a recent anaphylaxis-like reaction) but my GP is hesitant to send me to immunology. I also struggle with GI symptoms: nausea, low appetite, quick fullness and pain with eating, nutritional deficiencies, bloating after meals, and weight loss. I have had an upper endoscopy and  colonoscopy and they found mild gastritis and damage from reflux but that's it. Abdominal CT found nothing.
Does this sound like it could be gastroparesis? I know it is common with hEDS and a lot of my symptoms seem to be things that are common with hEDS. My symptoms also seem to match gastroparesis, especially since I struggle with eating enough and I have pain with eating. I am wondering if this could all be connected but it is difficult to get my doctors to investigate it. Any advice? I really need some relief as I currently have no effective treatments for any of my symptoms. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @molmos, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear about your discomfort. Unfortunately we're not medical professionals here on the community and so I'm afraid we cannot advise on medical issues such as these: please ensure you speak to a GP or medical professional involved in your care.

However, hopefully @KirstenNutritionAdvisor will be able to offer some guidance about your diet soon. We have lots of members with gastroparesis and related conditions here on the community, so do get involved and hopefully we can be of assistance!
  • traceydenisej
    traceydenisej Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    I have gastroporisus since a year and half ago what can I eat or not eat and my hospital dietician was hopeless just change your milk no FOB and that was it 

Brightness