Scared of losing PIP and not being told — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scared of losing PIP and not being told

Options
fibrofog
fibrofog Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I asked for PIP to consider me for mobility payment as health has deteriorated over past two years.  The usual six month wait for assessment.  I had a letter from local council saying PIP have said you now gone to standard rate care component when I was getting advanced.  This meanes I am going to loose around £300 as I get extra ESA the severe disability premium.  I cannot believe that I have not been informed by PIP themselves but if my condition has worsened to the point where I need help due to mobility issues why have I not been told.  I am so stressed and have been crying.  I have worked up until two years ago, full time but was given a settlement package which states medical grounds and Ill health.   If I loose this money I am going to have bailiffs at my door as am already in arrears with every bill.  Help?? Thanks. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fibrofog

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today!!!!!
     I am very very sorry ? to read your post/problems.

We have got lots of info and advice on our site on “pip”

I am very very happy ? to go through things with you if that is  ok ? ? 
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @fibrofog I'm new to all this PIP stuff but I'm sure you'll get the advice you need on this great forum.

I'm having my first assessment tomorrow and to be honest feeling a bit nervous as I am hearing so many negative experiences. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @fibrofog Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened.  I do understand as do the community.  You need have come to the right place for information and support, advice.

May I suggest is to speak to your local CAB office. They will advise you on benefits. Any thing else that they could help with.  Such as your finances and rent issues

I know benefits are complex and confusing . Can help.

We are a friendly community. Care and share.  Please ask if we can help with anything some one from our community or team will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @AnkyieSpon

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you!!!!

Is there anything that I can help/support you with ahead of tomorrow?????????
  • AnkyieSpon
    Options
    Hi @steve51 thank you...... I'll be OK. ... I'll just say it as it is 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @AnkyieSpon

Yes you will be fine!!!!

Please please let me know how you get on afterwards if you don’t mind??????
  • AnkyieSpon
    Options
    Thanks @steve51 I will do
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fibrofog and welcome

It is often the case that other departments are notified electronically whereas we have to wait for a letter.
    You should ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report and start to prepare for an MR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • AnkyieSpon
    Options
    Hi @steve51 had assessment today, got nervous but I answered all the questions honestly was in lots of pain. Now just have to wait. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @AnkyieSpon

Well done ✅ that’s great news  ? 

You sound like you answered everything okay ? 

Did they say how long it will take to come through???

Please please let me know when you get the new’s????

Yes “Stress” plays “Havoc” with “Pain” 

That’s why I don’t do “Stress” anymore!!!!!
  • AnkyieSpon
    Options
    @steve51 unfortunately stress flared up ibs.... but I was ok once I got there. They said 4-6 weeks I have to wait. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @AnkyieSpon

“Sorry” but it’s easier sad than done.

I have got the “T-Shirt” for that one as well.

Please please don’t  get “Worryed or Get Stessed”

“Whilst you are patiently waiting” 

Yes I have got the “T-Shirt” for that one as well.

“Not a Good Idea”

This is when you will “Need a Shoulder to cry ? ? on”

“That’s where I will come in”

• fibrofog
    Options
    Lost my care component and would not give me enough points for mobility so due to loosing money from them that I have relied on for some years.  I will now loose my £50 per week ESA disabled premium so around £300 down I can’t cope now.  Devastated and upset. I willl appeal I did it last time and went to court and was awarded my claim back.  It’s enough coping with my illness trying to pay bills I can’t work the ESA nurse couldn’t believe how bad I was for my age but yet again a pshyio did my assessment what the hell do they know about ADHD and mental health etc.  Here we go again ?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    fibrofog said:
    Lost my care component and would not give me enough points for mobility so due to loosing money from them that I have relied on for some years.  I will now loose my £50 per week ESA disabled premium so around £300 down I can’t cope now.  Devastated and upset. I willl appeal I did it last time and went to court and was awarded my claim back.  It’s enough coping with my illness trying to pay bills I can’t work the ESA nurse couldn’t believe how bad I was for my age but yet again a pshyio did my assessment what the hell do they know about ADHD and mental health etc.  Here we go again ?
    The assessors in my case also knew nothing about mental health giving me 0 points.
    In fact they wrote 14 one line reasons why I don't have any mental health issues.

I gave up after that.
  • fibrofog
    Options
    Mine said I was very tearful at beginning nit managed to calm down and answered questions without difficulty.  Only because the assessor kept saying do you want to go home shall we stop??? No way was I going through all that again.  Also I made eye contact whoppee they took that off me before. Oh well court he we come in probably a years time.  Thanks for the replies guys. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.