Medical assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical assessment

laney1970
laney1970 Community member Posts: 85 Connected
Hi can anyone advise me on medical assessment I'm in the work related group was due a medical but my doctor wrote a letter to request a home visit they have wrote to me and said they have enough evidence now and I don't need a medical now do you think they will put me back into the support group 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,334 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It's impossible to answer that question i'm afraid. The good news is that you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment but you can be placed into either of the groups.

Ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laney1970
  • laney1970
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Its very likely you will be in the support group in my opinion if they done a paper assessment.  Its not a 100% certainty but generally if they think you will be WRAG and especially fit for work they will request a face to face.
  • laney1970
    Yes I'm in the wrag at the moment so hopefully it will change back to support group 

• poppy123456
    You can be placed into either group without a face to face assessment. The only exception to this, is that if it's your very first time claiming then you can only be placed into the Support Group, but this doesn't apply to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Matthewsheehy24 Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    I was put in wrag I went to a medical and passed the medical but was kept in wrag I have put a mr in does it help my case that I passed the medical when they consider my mr please
  • laney1970
    Think you will need to get more evidence of your illness from your doctor I'm not sure I would call them and ask them if they need more evidence
  • laney1970
    I didn't go to my medical they didn't need me to go in the end they said they had enough evidence from my doctor and hospital
  • poppy123456
    You said earlier that you went to a medical, and no you're saying you didn't need to go.

Either way, if you think the decision is wrong then you need to look at the support group descriptors to see which you think apply to you, if any. They won't apply to everyone.
  • laney1970
    I didn't say I had gone to the medical read the first comment I made I said they had enough evidence so I didn't have to go
  • laney1970
    Read my first comment I didn't say I had gone for a medical
  • poppy123456
    I was put in wrag I went to a medical and passed the medical but was kept in wrag I have put a mr in does it help my case that I passed the medical when they consider my mr please
    No, this won't help your MR or Tribunal. Take a look at the support group descriptors to see if there's any that applu to you. There's no point appealing the decision if you don't qualify for the support group.

• Matthewsheehy24
    I thought if you scored under 15 points then you would have to go to a tribunal.Will I have to go to a tribunal even though I scored over 15 points please
  • poppy123456
    I thought if you scored under 15 points then you would have to go to a tribunal.Will I have to go to a tribunal even though I scored over 15 points please
    You scored the 15 points which placed you into the WRAG. Being placed into the Support Group isn't about scoring points. It's about satisfying at least one of the Support Group descriptors in the link i posted.

If you request the MR and the decision stays the same then your next step is Tribunal. Most people have to take it to Tribunal. You need to look at the descriptors for the Support Group because there's no point in requesting the MR then Tribunal if none of the descriptors apply to you.

I urge you to get face to face advice before requesting the MR because you seem very confused about the whole thing and this isn't helping you.
  • laney1970
    I would go to cab and ask them
  • Matthewsheehy24
    I got an appointment with welfare rights on Wednesday.I am very confused poppy123456 when I was on incapacity benefit you knew where you stood with esa I think the mojarity of people claiming esa don’t understand. Thanks for your advice poppy and laney 
  • laney1970
    Your welcome hope you get it sorted
  • poppy123456
    As you have an appointment with welfare rights, you're stepping in the ring direction. They'll be able to give you all the advice and support you need. They'll also look at all your details/conditions etc and tell you whether they think you meet the criteria for the Support Group.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    I have had a email of my Mp.Will they write something for me aswell poppy.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.