underpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

underpayment

Options
gwenders100
gwenders100 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi, i was put on IB in 1996 and was then transferred to esa contribution based, and i also started recieving a private pension  as i was unfit for work and my husband was working on a 24 hr contract.
I   have been sent a from from the DWP to fill in and they also want bank statements  going back to 2012 which i dont have at hand, I was wondering if you think theres any point in me filling in this form or if you think theres no point as we had other income coming in from my husband working at the time.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi gwenders100 and welcome

If your husband was working 24 hours per week then you do not need to fill in the form as you do not qualify. You should complete the relevant tick box on the letter that came with it and return it in the envellope
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Your pension will also be counted as income £1 for £1 when calculation any Income related top up, even if your partner wasn't working at any point during your ESA claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gwenders100
    gwenders100 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    ok ty for your help 

• robbie23568
    robbie23568 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Hi ive just recieved £523 supposedly backpayment from ESA ,form says 2011-2014.i have never recieved any payments for disabilty premium and on contributiin based,obviously something isnt right here ,what about 2014- present ,think we are being mislead by dwp
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi ive just recieved £523 supposedly backpayment from ESA ,form says 2011-2014.i have never recieved any payments for disabilty premium and on contributiin based,obviously something isnt right here ,what about 2014- present ,think we are being mislead by dwp
    If your circumstances haven't changed since 2014 then the only way you'll know your answer is to ring DWP. Receiving the Income related top depends on many things.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.