Dla lifetime award - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla lifetime award

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:

I’m saying that your idea that I wouldn’t have had any clients elect to go for AA instead is based on wholly incorrect assumptions about who and what advisers see. Your latest assertion about three on this forum is nothing to the point. Yes, people give up all the time. Do they give up and then claim AA? No. That’s a ludicrous assertion. 
    As for PIP, and I only go by my own case, what right minded individual would want to undergo face to face assessments every 2 years for the rest of their natural and with the decisions always being negative, having to fight to get the right award each time? For some maybe the AA option is much preferable. 
    Probably someone who failed to get advice and realise that you could ask for an ongoing or 10 year award.
    Until after the last MR I had no idea that it was possible to even suggest a period for an award. I have always believed that it was entirely down to the case manager.
    So knowing that now is no good as knowing it before would have helped.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    @Username_removed; it isn't too late for the rest of us.  I will be asking for a longer award at my daughter's review next year.  Thank you for making me aware of that possibility.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,912 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter's in the process of her review. I've already asked for an ongoing award, gave my reasons why i think it should be given. I also asked if an ongoing award can't be given to identify the evidence they used to justify a shorter award. As advised by @Username_removed
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Nothing can help you @Yadnad. Everybody else is wrong. Everything positive is too late. Oh well.
    Sorry Mike but something could help - a Welfare Rights organisation that is willing to offer help and advice that I can trust is genuine and correct. Not too much to ask for?
    No, everybody is not wrong, both Poppy and Tardis didn't know about the request for the length of an award - luckily they now do and are able to act of that information with current and future reviews.
    It is too late for me as my review took place months ago so there is little that I can do about it at this late stage.
    I would imagine that there are 1,000's that didn't know also before their reviews this year.

• Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    My daughter's in the process of her review. I've already asked for an ongoing award, gave my reasons why i think it should be given. I also asked if an ongoing award can't be given to identify the evidence they used to justify a shorter award. As advised by @Username_removed
    Luckily[[y you have been able to make use of the information that Mike gave as regards the length of an award. Not everybody has that good fortune.
  • Yadnad
    Tardis said:
    @Username_removed; it isn't too late for the rest of us.  I will be asking for a longer award at my daughter's review next year.  Thank you for making me aware of that possibility.
    Quite fortunate then?

• Yadnad
    I’ve never come across a WR organisation unwilling to offer help and advice unless they think the person is violent or had no entitlement. W gag you mean by genuine and correct I have no idea.
    Put simply Mike not giving out duff information or making suggestions that they are proficient in something only to find out later that they are not.
    I will be totally honest I have personally only ever had the pleasure of having one WRO who said what they would do and actually did it. He was an absolute saint but unfortunately he went by the wayside when Social Services dispensed with the WRO's in a cost cutting exercise. Now Social Workers offer advice but only to ongoing clients - the general public have no access to it.
     Likewise the help I had from the Law Clinic at the uni was fantastic . Without them I could not have managed at the Tribunal in the Council Tax appeal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.