Called for two f2f assessments for pip! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Called for two f2f assessments for pip!

Aes525
Aes525 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello all.. I'm new here but need some advice. Husband has a home assessment for pip 2 weeks ago and capita have now called for him to attend the assessment centre for another one!.. They have no record of the home assessment, which i feel went quite well.. I'm totally disgusted by this and putting us through another assessment is extremely stressful  Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Many thanks

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    And another one where they have lost the file!!
    https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/53056/dwp-saying-that-i-didnt-attend-assessment-when-i-did#latest
    It would seem that they are so incompetent nothing will ever change.

Yes you are the second person to post for exactly the same reason. 
  • Aes525
    Thank you for replying 
    At least in not alone but it seems absolutely ludicrous that someone could come to my home as planned then they have no record of it.. Its almost laughable! 
    Do you think I'm within reason to ask for a paoer based assessment due to their errors or is that never going to happen? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Most people have face to face assessments so it's unlikely they'll do the paper based one. Has your husband rang the health assessment providers to ask why they have no record of someone attending your home?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Aes525
    Hiya... Yes, i rang Friday when we got the second appointment. The woman i spoke to couldn't tell me why, she did say she'd pass it onto a manager to investigate what's happened but I'm just dreading going through the whole assessment process again. I also rang the DWP who were lovely and were also disgusted at what's happened..x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Aes525 said:
    Hiya... Yes, i rang Friday when we got the second appointment. The woman i spoke to couldn't tell me why, she did say she'd pass it onto a manager to investigate what's happened but I'm just dreading going through the whole assessment process again. I also rang the DWP who were lovely and were also disgusted at what's happened..x
    But unfortunately it is likely that with no recorded assessment there will be no PIP award. Even if they lost the data a couple of times and this was the third assessment, you would still have to play to their tune - that's if you want the award.

Personally with that sort of carrying on, I would honestly feel like telling them to stick their assessment and wait and see what the DWP make of the matter.
  • Aes525
    The DWP said they would chase the report and that no one should have to attend two f2f assessments for one claim, so im desperately hoping it can get sorted without another assessment... But i don't feel very optimistic about that. My husband is about ready to scrap the whole thing as doesn't have the energy to do it all☹️x
  • laceypeach
    laceypeach Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Oh how awful, I can imagine the stress is intense for you and your husband, I do hope the DWP sort it out for you.
    Fingers crossed x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.