PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Phone call

Reeneroo1980Reeneroo1980 Member Posts: 23 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi Everyone 
Just a update on my claim for PIP.
I received a phone call today off DWP And presume the DM who was a friendly person asking a few questions about some the ailments I have and need a bit more info about them 
After I answered his questions I then bravely asked about the decision and he said I'd been awarded the daily living but didn't say standard or enhanced. But I'm wondering if anyone has had a phone call like this and why was he asking for more info on certain ailments? 

Replies

• BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Reeneroo1980,
    I'd wait until you get your award confirmed. However it sounds as if they wanted some more information from you which they felt they could get by telephone. It may be that they wanted to check/clarify how your conditions affect you and what consequences this has for the daily living activities. Hopefully this information will then be used to make the correct award (ie at standard or enhanced rate).

It would be a good idea to make a note of the date & time of the call, and what you told the DWP, so that you have a record of the extra information you gave them. That could be useful if you need to challenge the decision, but hopefully it will be correct first time (you never know!)

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.