Phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call

Options
Reeneroo1980
Reeneroo1980 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone 
Just a update on my claim for PIP.
I received a phone call today off DWP And presume the DM who was a friendly person asking a few questions about some the ailments I have and need a bit more info about them 
After I answered his questions I then bravely asked about the decision and he said I'd been awarded the daily living but didn't say standard or enhanced. But I'm wondering if anyone has had a phone call like this and why was he asking for more info on certain ailments? 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Reeneroo1980,
    I'd wait until you get your award confirmed. However it sounds as if they wanted some more information from you which they felt they could get by telephone. It may be that they wanted to check/clarify how your conditions affect you and what consequences this has for the daily living activities. Hopefully this information will then be used to make the correct award (ie at standard or enhanced rate).

It would be a good idea to make a note of the date & time of the call, and what you told the DWP, so that you have a record of the extra information you gave them. That could be useful if you need to challenge the decision, but hopefully it will be correct first time (you never know!)

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.