Medical assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical assessment

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Your local MP will have no idea about claiming benefits or the criteria for the Support Group. A letter from them will be of no help here. Please wait until you see welfare rights.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Matthewsheehy24 Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    If I go to my Gp poppy.What should I ask him to do for me thanks.
  • laney1970
    laney1970 Community member Posts: 85 Connected
    My MP helped me I don't think it will do any harm to ask
  • Matthewsheehy24
    I just received my medical report from dwp.They contradicting what they say in the report.They also say I advise that work could be considered within 12 months.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    My medical report doesn’t say how many points I got or whether I passed or failed the medical is that a normal thing the dwp do.
  • poppy123456
    Letters from a GP aren't the best evidence to send because a GP very rarely knows how your conditions affect you.

The recommendation of work after 12 months doesn't mean you have to look for work after this time. It just means that you could be re-assessed again at this time, although for ESA you can be re-assessed after 3 months.

The assessment report will never tell you how many points you got because what's in the report will just be a recommendation.

I know you're anxious but please wait until Wednesday when you have the appointment to see the welfare rights person and they'll help you. They will also advise you on whether or not they think you'll meet the Support Group criteria. There's really nothing more you can do until you've been to this appointment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    The last medical I had they said in a letter that I received from dwp said I got two 6 points for my illness and that was only two years ago has it changed since 2016
  • poppy123456
    WRAG is based on points and you need 15 at least or reg 29. Support Group isn't based on points as previously advised, with 2 links in a previous post explaining the Support Group descriptors.

I really can't help you any further because no one on an internet forum knows how your conditions affect you. Once you see the welfare rights officer on Wednesday you'll be able to explain your conditions and how they affect you to them. They will then be able to advise you on whether one of the Support Group descriptors apply to you. There's no point requesting the MR if they don't apply to you.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Ok thanks for your help poppy.Didnt mean to keep on just don’t understand things and it feels like they are moving the goalposts(dwp) all the time.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. They haven't moved any goal posts for ESA for either of the groups. I've been claiming this benefit for almost 7 years and have always been in the Support group for the same descriptor.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Sorry poppy I disagree I have had the same illness for a number of years I am on exactly the same medication I got the same illness.And I am moved for the third time from one group to another since being moved from incapacity to esa.
  • laney1970
    Same for me also 
  • poppy123456
    That doesn't mean the goal posts have been moved, because they haven't. The descriptors for both groups are exactly the same as they always been.

You won't be the first or the last person to be put into a different group at assessment. Each re-assessment is classed as a new claim. It's your responsibility to prove at least one of the Support Group descriptors apply to you.
  • laney1970
    Cab told me that they are trying to get everyone over to universal credit so people are failing there medical assessments I think professional advice is needed as everyone is different
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Thats why a high court judge ruled that the dwp were discriminateing against people with mental health issues and they are still doing it.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    The can’t even do universal credit every one is having problems with that.
  • laney1970
    I know we are discriminated against because and don't understand and  can't see the disability 
  • laney1970
    I really hope you get it sorted
  • laney1970
    I'm not asking on here for help I thought it was people you ask who are professional 
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Cheers laney1970.I hope so myself mate nearly a year now in wrag if I had known I would of asked to go to a tribunal but didn’t know I could.I haven’t even been to the Jobcentre for over a year and my mrs had one phone call of them in a year .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.