Making a new PIP claim for an over 65 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making a new PIP claim for an over 65

Options

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for all of that info.
    I will contact PRU tomorrow and see what they say.
    No I have no carer, in fact I have to care for my wife who is riddled with arthritis amongst other things - hence How can I have sufficient needs when I am a full time carer for my wife?
    My main difficulties arise from PTSD and a brain injury + difficulty walking moving about hence my stick, raised toilet seats and frame, bed riser an electric bath riser and have two hearing aids. The aids help me with my wife they were provided by Social Services. Medically there isn't that much in my body that actually works as well including being a type 1 diabetic. Still I am there for her, have to be.

What I would say about AA and why I don't believe I fit the criteria  - the care needs have to be throughout the day at least. If I had that level of needs then I too would have to have a carer come in to look after both of us which isn't the case yet.
    The MR decision was in April this year. So I am outside the 30 day limit for appealing, but subject to having a damn good excuse for still being in the 13 month limit. My only excuse is that I couldn't cope with an appeal so left it at that.

Thanks once again for putting me on the track to finding someone to help me.

• Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It seems like this is all you talk about. Im sorry but it's becoming continuous with you now. Plenty of people claim PIP successfully without having any knowledge of case law but you seem to make a huge task about everything you do.

You never made any of your claims easy for yourself by insisting you stick to the DWP "rules" about the evidence being within a certain time frame. These rules don't exist. There's people that claim successfully with evidence from many years ago.

You've said so many times that you have no intention of requesting the Tribunal for your most recent decision, unless you have representation.  Time to move on and continue with the rest of your life, don't you think? Just like you said in a past comment made by you.
    Maybe they do, but don't you think that having a honest assessor might have something to do with that?

I see it in two ways. You are either completely genned up with the whole PIP process as would Welfare Rights or just an ordinary guy. I didn't know how PIP works, I didn't know what is important for PIP. In fact I have picked up most if not all my knowledge on the subject from this site. Given that, it is a bit late now to find out these things when it would have been extremely helpful 5 years ago or even last year when I had my 3rd re-assessment.
    All I had was the claim form with the notes attached to it and the information booklet sent with it. 
    Based on those two DWP documents I assumed all of that was as it should be - the way to claim the benefit. To be now told that I should have actually ignored anything and everything that the DWP said leaves me with what? Zilch knowledge apart from what I now know.

In your daughter's and your claim how did you find out how to make a successful claim for PIP? Was it by reading the DWP 'rules'? Or maybe from other sources that I have not had the opportunity to access until now - 5 years later?

Oh I forgot to ask a question - are you on another website giving advice on benefits? I googled your name and poppy12345 came up with links to somewhere  else. You are listed as being an expert on welfare matters since at least 2014 and on that site you have given 4000 pieces of advice.

So if that is you then no wonder you managed to get a good PIP result for both of you - you certainly weren't green like me and many others. Comparing others to what you achieved is then not really fair - it's like chalk and cheese.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Yadnad my knowledge has come from myself and my research, not from DWP rules. If it was was from DWP rules then that wouldn't get me very far.

As for me being a welfare rights adviser LOLOLOL that's actually really funny. No i'm not i'm just a normal single mum, that's struggled for more than 10 years to bring up my children alone, with multiple disabilities. I actually find your question quite insulting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I actually just googled my name myself and oh, what a surprise scope came up with over 4000 posts. Looking at myself on here, yes that will be me. Nothing about welfare rights came up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456

I like you have followed @Yadnab advice and googled your name.

I have to say Yadnad has provided a perverse and misleading impression of your status.

By way of example, he states "on another website.. somewhere else", I can confirm you are not listed on another website, only on Scope.

He the goes on to state, "listed as being an expert on welfare matters", again this is totally unfounded and untrue.

Not content, he then strives with, "Since 2014 and on that site....given 4000 pieces of advice".

You have indeed been a valuable member of this community for a number of years and provide guidance and support to our community.

I rest my case, My Lord.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @atlas46 thank you for that! Much appreciated. I have actually reported the post.
  • atlas46
    Options

@poppy123456 I do not blame you for reporting @Yadnab post.

I hope Scope will review his status, for such an open attempt of character assassination.

Please keep up your sterling efforts in our community, it is valued by all of us.

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Well, @yadnad; someone with an incredibly identical story to yours (even down to location and previous occupation) has been posting over the years on rightsnet.   Surely a site where plenty of useful information could be picked up.   If that isn't you, then you probably want to contact them about him because someone must be pretending to be you.
  • atlas46
    Options
    Hi @Tardis

Could you please put a link up.

Be interested in what has been posted.

Thanks
  • Tardis
    Options
    Recent post on this thread

I won't identify which poster I suspect!

• atlas46
    Options
    Hi @Tardis

Well, well and a further well.

So he has been on Rightsnet since 2011 to the present.

Good work @Tardis, not sure if @ mikehughescq knows about his fellow member of Rightsnet.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Tardis

Well, well and a further well.

So he has been on Rightsnet since 2011 to the present.

Good work @Tardis, not sure if @ mikehughescq knows about his fellow member of Rightsnet.

Yes it's the same fella. Mike is Mike.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    Options
    I actually just googled my name myself and oh, what a surprise scope came up with over 4000 posts. Looking at myself on here, yes that will be me. Nothing about welfare rights came up.
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=poppy12345&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-gb&httpsmsn=1&refig=5c41b700867c4b13fdb8a7fcf6d05816&sp=1&qs=HS&sc=3-0&cvid=5c41b700867c4b13fdb8a7fcf6d05816&cc=GB&setlang=en-GB

then put poppy12345
  • Yadnad
    Options
    atlas46 said:

@poppy123456 I do not blame you for reporting @Yadnab post.

I hope Scope will review his status, for such an open attempt of character assassination.

Please keep up your sterling efforts in our community, it is valued by all of us.

I typed poppy12345 and MSE came up. Then typed poppy12345 again and thousands of postings under that name nearly four thousand. I presume this is the one and the same person.

I only mentioned it as she seemed to know a lot more about benefit systems than would appear from her posts.

With that number of posts + those on here she is quite proficient and it is no wonder she was able to get the awards she has unlike the rest of us who know very little. 
  • atlas46
    Options
    Hi @Yadnad

Can you confirm that you have a user name of Oldestrocker on Rightsnet and you have been a member since 26 September, 2011?
  • Yadnad
    Options
    Tardis said:
    Well, @yadnad; someone with an incredibly identical story to yours (even down to location and previous occupation) has been posting over the years on rightsnet.   Surely a site where plenty of useful information could be picked up.   If that isn't you, then you probably want to contact them about him because someone must be pretending to be you.
    Rightsnet??? Now that must be a joke?

For a start I believe that you have to be a registered welfare rights advisor to actually post on that site?
    Besides when I have read it it goes over my head  - too complicated for me.
  • Tardis
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Tardis said:
    Rightsnet??? Now that must be a joke?

For a start I believe that you have to be a registered welfare rights advisor to actually post on that site?
    Besides when I have read it it goes over my head  - too complicated for me.
    Quite.  Against their terms and conditions at least.   
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Yadnad strange that because i also typed both poppy12345 and poppy123456 and the only thing that came up for me was scope.

Besides that, what has any of that got to do with the awards myself and my daughter have for PIP? Are you jealous or something? You really are a very nasty  and jealous person.
  • Tardis
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Yadnad

Can you confirm that you have a user name of Oldestrocker on Rightsnet and you have been a member since 26 September, 2011?
    Yadnad has used that name on several forums.  Over the years he has posted plenty of real life information (including his name) which identifies that it is one and the same.  He pulls the 'what, little old me?' thing whenever he is rumbled.  
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What's a matter with people here, if someone else works or posts elsewhere what has it really got to do with anyone else.

Also with @poppy123456 be here and adding good advice, whether or not if she is or is not, someone else could just be using the same username as poppy on other sites. What the hell does it matter anyway. Jesus what is this world coming too.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.